Goodwind

GOODWIND

Hi everyone

I'm new and excited to share with you all that me and my friend Steve own a wind boat called Goodwind . We have owned here for 5 years as a complete restoration and hoping she will be on the water in 2 years. We are trying to find out her history, she is 43ft and built in 1938 by Graham bunn but that is pretty much all we know. If anyone has any information of her and her journey that would be fantastic.

looking forward in keeping up with what’s happening with everyone 

glen

• Like 2

Couple of scans from Blakes brochures of 1937 and 1939.

goodwind1937.thumb.jpg.9c1e0cf455cead3057a2adc8ed3a4802.jpggoodwind19392.thumb.jpg.f8f9abfe055e37fe1eb19ff5d9bf1a76.jpg

Most of the pre-war built Windboats would seem to have been sold to other fleets post-war but I am unable to find any reference to these big 43 footers.

Fred

• Like 4

2 hours ago, trambo said:

Couple of scans from Blakes brochures of 1937 and 1939.

goodwind1937.thumb.jpg.9c1e0cf455cead3057a2adc8ed3a4802.jpggoodwind19392.thumb.jpg.f8f9abfe055e37fe1eb19ff5d9bf1a76.jpg

Most of the pre-war built Windboats would seem to have been sold to other fleets post-war but I am unable to find any reference to these big 43 footers.

Fred

Thank you Fred that’s amazing been looking for pictures and information for a long time

Glen