Bella Signora

SwanR

Just been looking at this boat from Richardson’s but I can’t find the air draft anywhere. Does anyone know what it’s likely to be? I’ve looked at info on similar boats but not sure this is the same make and model. I’ve never hired this style of boat before.

It’s a bit like the question we had about Gleaming Light. In October with low tide being at non-cruising hours will I have any problems with Ludham Bridge. 

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Richardson’s who advised the air draft as 8’6. Much as I could be tempted to hire this one next month I think it could be four days of cruising the Ant which I could easily do but it might feel a little restrictive. Low tide is at non cruising times of day. 

Unusually for us we have a few days next month when we could get in a midweek break somewhere but we’re not particularly bothered whether we do or not. Now if Ferry Marina come up with last minute discounts then that might be a different matter … 🤔

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SwanR said:

I contacted Richardson’s who advised the air draft as 8’6. Much as I could be tempted to hire this one next month I think it could be four days of cruising the Ant which I could easily do but it might feel a little restrictive. Low tide is at non cruising times of day. 

I think it's unlikely they'd let the boat out if there was no passage under Ludham. What's probably more likely is they'd offer you alternative boats at the last minute which I appreciate might not be want you want.

• Thanks 1

Also, the odd times high craft (like Siesta etc) and high tides make it harder I think it has been known that a team of people turn up and weigh it down or take it through for you 

They hire it, so as Simon says, realistically its not a major/regular problem

Dan

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dan said:

the odd times high craft (like Siesta etc) and high tides make it harder I think it has been known that a team of people turn up and weigh it down or take it through for you 

I have watched them do this at Wroxham Bridge with boats stuck on the Coltishall side. Quite an operation. 

• Like 1