Moving The Denham Owl

floydraser

12 hours ago, chrisdobson45 said:

Where in Cove are you? We'll stop by to say "hello" when we're down next weekend. 

Who chooses the codes for What3words? There are some good ones for the location of my boat but my favourite is: ///robot.stupidly.knitted :default_biggrin: Reminds me of the term: a camel is a horse designed by a committee.

I don't think we'll be down next weekend unless we get the heatwave someone was dreaming about a few weeks ago. We are delivering one of the grandchildren to Okehampton in the week so it may a bit much after we get home on Thursday.

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Just a word of warning from Paranoid Percy.

Wondering if it's wise, for private boaters to give out their "What3words" on open forum.

Just a thought, and sorry if I've just made work for the mods. :-)

Quite right MM, but I always reckon that advertising your bling is inviting someone to try and relieve you of it. Best to have nothing on board worth nicking like outboards or navigation gear which I understand is what most minor thieves go for. Besides, there are security measures in place.

I remember when I was driving an artic, how easy it was to see the amount of people with big, expensive TVs on show.

• Like 1

Methinks you might just being a little paranoid about advertising where you boat is with "what 3words".

All marinas positions are well known as indeed are the brokerages - NYA alone, have on Page 1 of their adverts have, in total, enough boats in value alone to make even  a dent in the National Debt!

So on balance I cannot see it making much difference unless you openly admit to using gold bars as ballast!!!:default_biggrin:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, marshman said:

Methinks you might just being a little paranoid about advertising where you boat is with "what 3words".

All marinas positions are well known as indeed are the brokerages - NYA alone, have on Page 1 of their adverts have, in total, enough boats in value alone to make even  a dent in the National Debt!

So on balance I cannot see it making much difference unless you openly admit to using gold bars as ballast!!!:default_biggrin:

New someone who used concrete blocks have you seen the price of them :default_biggrin:.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge