Moving The Denham Owl

floydraser

Well the time has come as they say, to move to pastures new and I have until the end of March to move the Owl round to Cove Marina, Brundall, from Brundall Gardens Marina. I'm planning to do it during a decent weather window of a couple of days so I can give it a good clean first. Not far but why mention it here? Because what crew I had will be in Florida!

I will notify people when I do it but if anyone is around and fancies a ride or just keep an eye out for me I would be grateful. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, floydraser said:

Well the time has come as they say, to move to pastures new and I have until the end of March to move the Owl round to Cove Marina, Brundall, from Brundall Gardens Marina. I'm planning to do it during a decent weather window of a couple of days so I can give it a good clean first. Not far but why mention it here? Because what crew I had will be in Florida!

I will notify people when I do it but if anyone is around and fancies a ride or just keep an eye out for me I would be grateful. 

Pm sent.

Kevin

Crikey, the offers are coming in quicker than I can reply on here! Thank you to all so far.

I'll post on here the timing but at the moment the weather looks favourable towards the end of next week. 

I now have offers of a support boat and a taxi to collect the car so that'll be me sorted then if all goes well. 

This may seem a fuss to some, just moving a boat round the corner, but I have a minor doubt about the diesel filter as it has blocked before and the boat hasn't moved in 5 years (that long!??). 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, annv said:

Hi Floyd I would suggest you drain the water from the diesel tank before you move it or start the engine, All The best John

Agree drain water out, change filter and run it for a while before going on the river as i don't fancy an overnight drift to Yarmouth 🫣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Agree drain water out, change filter and run it for a while before going on the river as i don't fancy an overnight drift to Yarmouth 🫣

I think I would be rescued by the time I got to Cantley; that would be sweet.

The filter has been changed and the engine hardly run since. I also have a spare filter on standby, along with the kit to change it! :default_sailing:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, floydraser said:

I think I would be rescued by the time I got to Cantley; that would be sweet.

The filter has been changed and the engine hardly run since. I also have a spare filter on standby, along with the kit to change it! :default_sailing:

The conditions on the Broads are not good at the moment, flooding throughout the Yare valley.

Can you not wait a while?

It would seem to me that you have recognised that you are somewhat vulnerable.

The filter has been changed and the engine hardly run since. I also have a spare filter on standby, along with the kit to change it

I have moved many boats throughout the Broads.

This one not insurmountable, however needs to be thought through a bit.

Andrew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not just this forum, it's the boating community in general. I have now had offers of help from ex-neighbours at BGM so when it happens there could be quite a flottila moving around Brundall!

Thanks again everybody. I was going to move it this week but it's not coming together, so I'm going to leave it for now. I still have a couple of little jobs to finish off anyway so I'll nip over and get it properly prepared to move so things should be easier when the move happens.

• Like 6

Sorry I thought there was talk of you exchanging it for a smaller one. I will give you a PM next time I'm near our boat if its still available. 

We haven't been to Norfolk much last year. Other things and health have kept us away. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

9 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

Sorry I thought there was talk of you exchanging it for a smaller one. I will give you a PM next time I'm near our boat if its still available. 

We haven't been to Norfolk much last year. Other things and health have kept us away. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Wondered why we had not “bumped into you “ lately , hope you’re both well and that we will see you afloat soon 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whisper gently so as not to put a jinx on it but....

There seems to be a suggestion of a tiny bit of decent weather next week. It was Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, then it changed to just Tuesday and Wednesday, now it's changed to just Thursday. I'm confident that by Sunday evening the forecast will be for storm and tempest Monday to Friday! :default_badday:

However, I aim to pick the best day and go for it.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Moved today. :594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

Thanks to OBB and C.Ricko for their help, along with a couple of ex bgm neighbours who provided emergency cover which wasn't needed. 

I did speak too soon about rain getting in; I found a puddle in the top of the cooker and a wet bed. Thankfully none of my repairs leaked.

Then disarster darling: the head of my cleaning brush fell off!

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, floydraser said:

Moved today. :594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

Thanks to OBB and C.Ricko for their help, along with a couple of ex bgm neighbours who provided emergency cover which wasn't needed. 

Then disarster darling: the head of my cleaning brush fell off!

At least it wasn`t you that fell off the boat!

Thanks for the burger and drinks

• Like 2