Dear Ken Nevard

sos247

Im sure many of you already know 'Ken Nevard' very well. He has manufactured several s/s tanks & pulpit rails for 1000's of boats on the broads, so many of you have items on your boats which Ken manufactured! You may have already had a handshake 'deal' with him!

I've visited dear Ken several times recently but tonight was very difficult, even now I cannot really sleep because I really want him to have my continued support........ His family love him dearly and every day they are all there to support him, he is so proud of his family & I know he loves them dearly. They have my support.

Ken is still fighting hard to battle cancer, which he has had for the last two years, but his family are all there by his side, so he is happy.

Ken is a wonderful guy and doesn't deserve such an illness, neither does his family.....

Im sure everyone who know Ken will pray for both Ken & his family, because he is battling hard. Unfortunately, you never know what can happen in life but both Ken & his family needs our support & strength.

If any cards/letters etc are to be sent, Ken & Marcia address is available via the internet searches.

I'm know that support from friends will be welcomed.........

Sadly Ken passed away in the early hours, his granddaughter emailed at approx 4.20am. Its very sad & he will be missed by many.

I sat with him for a while last night & just held his hand.......You could clearly see he was at peace with his life.

All his family were by his side, which was all Ken ever wanted.....

A sad day........

The mood at work today wasn't good, as all the guys knew Ken very well.

:(

Ken loved his work and was always there to help, he was a brilliant craftsman, welder & engineer and almost every boat that has been in our workshop has had s/s work carried out by Ken.

Whatever job he was doing, he would always stop doing it to sort out 'emergency' jobs for us, however he done this for everyone! So if your job was the one he first stopped on the delivery time was extended slightly! He wouldn't ever see anyone in a muddle....

He continued to work through all his hospital cancer treatments and he amazed the doctors on his strength & willpower. However, he still achieved all his goals and enjoyed his 68th birthday with all his family last week, it was also important for Ken to see the speedway finals last weekend!

Unfortunately, I don't believe his family view the forums to be able to read all these great tributes about Ken, so I will either print these off and give to them or send links via Facebook as I know they are all on there.

We will miss you Ken........

(note - also posted on .org & .co.uk forums because so many people have posted tributes)

Comments from Ken family after reading forums.....

MikeandFee Haystead likes a link. I would just like to say how proud all these tributes are making our family feel at this very sad time , I know mum will take great comfort from all the kind and wonderful words people have sad about my dad. Thankyou so so much.

Becca Louise Haystead Me & nanny have bee sitting & reading them!! I feel so comforted by these tributes!!!! I cannot begin to express the love I have for my grandad & my amazingly brave family! Thank you for all your kind thoughts & words xx x

14 hours ago via mobile · Like · 4

MikeandFee Haystead I mean said not sad because my dad was never sad. X x x miss you dad x x x x 14 hours ago via mobile · Like · 4

Mandy Camish-Bailey Sat and read these last night... Lots of lovely words and thoughts about a truly lovely man, blessed to have in our lives xxxxxxxxx 5 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Very sad to hear of his passing but we're both pleased to hear he lived life as fully as he could. LIke Roy and Diane, we only met him once to discuss some extra stainless work we wanted done but we were inpressed with him and his stories of what had had dome and where. He came over as a kind, honest and proper Norfolk man! I do know that much of the stainless work our yard fitted to Topaz came from Ken.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Jim and Maxine

• 3 weeks later...

Just logged in and found this, a sad post indeed, I can't say anything about Ken that hasn't already been said, I've known Ken a few years, though I don't think he ever remembered my name, he was always glad to see me, it was a standing joke between the wife and me, I'd say I'm just poping in to see Ken for 5 minutes, and she's say see you in a couple of hours, Ken did like a good chat, my thoughts go out to his Family at this sad time,,,

Mowjo,,,