new boat at richardsons

mike

• 4 weeks later...

hi clive

is there anymore pics of the broadlander yet she must be near finished by now.how many new boats being added in 2013.is horizoncraft be having any new ones to there fleet in the future.

many thanks

mike

hi clive

is there anymore pics of the broadlander yet she must be near finished by now.how many new boats being added in 2013.is horizoncraft be having any new ones to there fleet in the future.

many thanks

mike

Hi Mike,

I should be getting a decent photo of Broad lander tomorrow as the windows should be going in today.

The upholstery is nearly all back and the floors are going down.

She should be launched on Monday.

I will put the photos on the other thread (if I can work out this new computer)

This year we have launched Moon Voyager, Broadsman 4 and 5, Broadlander will be going out in a couple of weeks and then Carousel 4 and 5. That will be it for this year!

Horizon craft are waiting for some smaller boats as they have trouble accommodating the 45 footers.

cheers, Clive.

• Like 1

Hi mike, we just launched her but I took photos on my new computer thing and I can't seem to re size them..

There may be some on our Facebook in a bit if I manage to do that..

ok clive.

i was due to go on clear gem 2 on the tues 8th october i had to cancel the holiday due to me being redundant.would there be any chance getting my deposit or part of it.booking ref 00054762

many thanks

mike

hi clive

have u sorted youre computer out yet any chance seeing the new broadlander

many thanks

mike

Hi Mike,

Have a look on our Facebook page some have been loaded onto there..

Sorry I have not yet worked out how to copy and paste using this tablet thing!

Hello Clive,

What is the airdraft on the new Broadlander?

I take it the optional tape/clips on the windows will be replaced?

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,

we have not measured her yet, the clips hold the glass in until the bond is strong enough to remove them..

There is now also a drivers side canopy window!

Ooh, that looks rather smart. A defnite mixture of new and retro. I hope you don`t mind me saying Clive, but all your new boats look very "white", is there any chance in the future of some coloured pin striping along the top edge of the cabin sides, and hull to brighten them up?. I think light blue would be quite subtle, so long as it`s not to wide?. She still looks good though.

Regards to all .................. Neil.

Might just be me but sorry Clive I just don't like the front end, too much like a bathtub and I hate that screen, the rest of the boat is cracking though, so if I win the lottery it'll be the RC45 you'll be building for me,, :love

Regards Frank

Mike will be a happy chappy now the photo is up. Must say I've been interested to see what the new boat would look like. IMO i'm in 2 minds at the moment about it. The front is definately a defining feature of the boat and to me it look like a great place to have a cold drink and fish from, rather than being stuck at the back end of the boat.

Will be good to see it out cruising, then i can decide whether it's my full cup of tea.

So far, looks very good for the broads style of boat

Might just be me but sorry Clive I just don't like the front end, too much like a bathtub and I hate that screen, the rest of the boat is cracking though, so if I win the lottery it'll be the RC45 you'll be building for me,, :love

Regards Frank

But that's just it, surely, Frank?

It is a modern "bathtub" and has all the advantages of the breed.

It's weird John! I passed while it was moored up at How Hill today and to be honest it looks better in the flesh, I like the idea of the well, but for some odd reason I don't like the Bermuda type front screen, I'm not sure if it's the curve at the side of the front screen where it goes up to the overhang, For me it would look better if it was more curved to match the side screens, but then I'm in love with the RC45 Carousel, had a lot on-board that and Broadsman and Carousels layout did it for me,,

Regards Frank,,,

The only thing i think could be changed is the rear windows. At the moment, and i hope you`re not offended Clive, the rear window looks like it`s been kept on from the original RC45 (which it has), because they either could`nt afford to change the plug, or they rushed the final build, and said let`s just stick with it because it`s too time consuming to change it. It would look far better if the lower edge of the rear window followed the line of the deck, and had a pronounced front edge, rather than a point to it. This is only my opinion, and like i said, i hope Clives not offended?.

Regards to all .................... Neil.

This design was never going to please the eye of everyone, but there is a model missing on the market which everyone seems to have avoided and with the popularity of the front well boats on our yard it seemed it was a good move, We have experience of running all the F.B. Wilds craft, the Horizon Craft Fleet which were all Fwd well boats and also a large number of Bounty Fwd well designs, We simply need a modern version of this popular practical boat. 

The modern retro design was a combination of many things including what has worked before and also what we wanted.

The rear windows are not the same so no Neil I am not offended! The window comes up at the front to miss the canopy runner.