Falcon

I'll try and tap up some info from Graham at Ferry as he was very involved in the Falcon business.  His brother Ian built our 22 and when he worked at Ferry, he confirmed what I had always thought which was we have hull number 1. I did use to keep in touch with the owner of Quayline Marine in Herts who obtained the 22/23 moulds.  I only saw one renamed Quayline 23 and she was fantastic.    

• Like 1

Not to forget the Falcon 34 sometimes referrred to as the Falcon Velici.  I think only four of these were built before Falcon got into difficulties.  There is one listed at a marina in Bray with loads of pics available.

I think some moulds are down at Thorpe, I will ask which ones they are,

I think I also know a fella who built the Velici, I will also ask...

some of the 'Stelco' moulds are still about so probably the falcons are too.

• 3 years later...

We were supposed to be featured in a boating article which reunited designers with their originals.  Apparently, the take up was poor so they cancelled for the time being. At least we are going to meet Andrew so he can have a trip down "memory lane"   

Hi All

The Falcon Capriole moulds are owned by Swancraft for their Shadow 24. A cracking little boat. I hope to have some photos shortly which I can upload.

I've been in Swancraft's shed quite a few times and witnessed at first hand the build quality of their boats. They can tailor to customers specific requirements too.

I keep doing the lottery every week, I know where I'll be heading when those numbers come up!

Our Renaissance 35 RIVER SONG (see avatar) has Falcon on the main dash panel and according to the owners manual was signed off by Graham, now of Ferry Marina fame. She's a beauty:Stinky

There is a reference to Stelco as the builders in 2002. She has the ultra smooth 5 cylinder Nanni engine with thrusters bow & stern. Lovely cruising.

• 4 years later...