White Deck Storage Box

We have a white gas bottle storage box on our deck, it is fitted into the deck and has a lid that opens to maintain the gas bottles. We want something similar for the other side that sits on the deck to replace the wooden slatted thingy and keep the deck tidy. Can anyone advise somewhere where they stock similar type storage boxes. Thanks Jan

post-29067-0-57486300-1397372310_thumb.j

post-29067-0-73693100-1397372390_thumb.j

What about a cool box, dual purpose and much cheaper if you don't tell them it's going on a boat.

It's funny, I did think about a cool box and you can get 12volt ones which would be handy.

The ones on the link, burn burn, how can they charge that much OMG. Still at least they are out there, just got to find a place where they price is not too steep.

Maybe will have to admit we won't be able to get what we want within our pocket range.

Have you thought of making it out of wood and then doing the fibre glass on that, it certainly would be cheaper.

Good idea but think we will hang out for the fibreglass box. Mikes not really into wood making and it may turn out looking like modern art rather than a box, if you know what I mean lol

Jan

Hi Janice, you may want to try beaulieu boat jumble its in a couple of weekends time, you can find anything and everything there. Although if your boat is an alpha hull as silly as it sounds you may want to try them as they have a close affection to their boats and may be able to assist, either by making one up or perhaps they have simular (Is she a "Wildcat" (as alpha used to call her)? if so that was our favourite boat for many years!)

We never thought of that, we will give alpha a ring. Not sure how to identify if it's a wildcat Alpha, but here's a photo

post-29067-0-71581900-1397455142_thumb.j

We didn't have our NBN burgee then, do now and it will go the front when we visit the boat this weekend.

Thanks for the advice.

Jan

• Like 1

The Outhill ones are very good but pricey.  I searched everywhere for locker seats for Liberty; had them made eventually and they worked out cheaper. 

I did end up buying a helm seat from Outhill and the quality is very, very good.

post-21867-0-04023700-1397457827_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thats her Janice. Alpha had two in the hire fleet, Wildcat (And another although they sold the other pretty quickly)..

It was a shame when they sold wildcat as she was a cheap little cruiser but a good little one (we had about 4 seasons on theres).. I notice you have the swimdeck too which makes things easier :)..

Certainly try alpha, my parents own an alpha 29 flybridge and they have been brilliant helping them with bits this winter. 

• Like 1

The Outhill ones are very good but pricey.  I searched everywhere for locker seats for Liberty; had them made eventually and they worked out cheaper. 

I did end up buying a helm seat from Outhill and the quality is very, very good.

Oooh thats nice, I want one of those :bow

• Like 1

Thank you   :)

One of them has part of it as a gas locker, but they're really handy to store the usual junk inside.  i am quite tempted to convert one into a drinks fridge.

The boxes were made by a fisherman I found via eBay (yes, really!), the lids, backs & supports were made by me and then padded & covered by Jeckells.  

• 3 weeks later...

I love the padded seats that Jeckles do and want to do that too, once we get the seat.

I drove mike mad to purchase a boat I fell in love with just because it had nice seats, that were the same as the Jeckles ones, but as the boat had no hot water or heating mike said no lol. Happy with the boat we have now, it's got nice covered material seats and so just need to get the deck sorted.

Those Outhill ones look great I wonder how many they sell, If I made a Mould for just the small single or co-pilot seat and could sell one product per week then I would be sorted, happy days one or two hours work monday to wednesday and the rest of the week off!

Contacted Alphacraft yesterday they said they can do it, the unfinished product is £300 plus VAT. Not sure what unfinished means?

Am wondering how much to finish it off.

They have said to get In contact to have a chat over the phone. Now we have a rough idea if cost will follow up on the other leads to see what other options out there too before we do anything else.

Moving forward tho! Thanks.

Hi Jan, unfinished, I guess means it doesn't have any hinges and locks etc.. but it should be jel coated (So white like your boat) etc. Maybe ask them again what that means and how much extra it would be to match your other one. That seems a fair price to me though. But certainly keep googling :)