Weekend Escapes with Warwick Davis

ranworthbreeze

On Friday 25th April at 8.00pm -8.30pm on ITV (channel 3)the third part of this series "Weekend Escapes with Warick Davis features the Norfolk Broads.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep3week17/weekend-escapes-warwick-davis#.U1P4JvldW8A

Please see this interview in the Peterborough Telegraph:-

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/what-s-on/leisure-lifestyle/interview-warwick-davis-escapes-with-the-family-in-tv-series-1-6004314

Regards

Alan

post-18022-0-63659100-1398430249_thumb.jGrace panic not am very thick skinned (Psoriasis sufferer) lol As for wearing a kilt, sadly I have not worn one in years, but have noticed of late many sassenachs do at weddings etc.

I personally have a very expensive pair of tartan troosers of my family clan.   Cost in excess of £250.00                     

In my opinion, its without doubt, the smartest garb available to man and woman.

Oh BTW I can dish oot the funnies too! Trust me ;)

Attached why I dinny wear the kilt no more.

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Freedom was the first company to be contacted with regard to this television show and the production team were keen to get them on one of our boats. Sadly, the Broads Authority (so I am told) was *very* keen to promote the Northern Broads.

Personally, i think that`s absolutely disgraceful.  I would have thought it would have been better to promote a small local Norfolk family business rather than a larger and more highly funded corperate affair.  It seems to my synical mind that it probably WAS`NT trying to promote the Northern Broads, more likely something to do with "business interrests" if you know what i mean?.

It`s obvious the production team wanted to use Freedoms, so why would the BA want to re-direct them to Herbert Woods?.  Read into that what you will, but i know what I think.

I think the BA have lost Freedoms a golden opportunity.

Regards to all ............................ Neil.

Sorry Neil, with all due sympathies to Andy for his understandable dissapointment, I don't think it's reasonaqble to assume with such certainly that the BA are doing anything underhanded.

Andy's actual words were "Sadly, the Broads Authority (so I am told) was *very* keen to promote the Northern Broads."

It could well be in the best interests of Broads tourism as a whole for the undeniably most popular area to be highlighted in the limited broadcast time  of a single TV program.

Well i watched it................just going out of the basin,,,,,,,,,,,gets cut up!!  say no more not a great advert for the broads in his own words "it,s supposed to be relaxing" a totally  waste of space, rubbish pr for the broads well done all!!!

It was indeed dissapointing, as these very limited clips about the Broads so often are.

In the space of just those few minutes, the script writers managed to highlight maneuvering difficulties, confusion over bridge heights and dual helms, and lifejackets not being needed on ice cream boats....

Yes I agree.  As a 'Broads' lover For more years than I care to mention

I think it was very naff and didn't do the boating side any good at all, but

never mind  cheersbar  cheers!.  Regards Alan  :wave

Strow! I think that program actually did more harm than good for the Broads, apart from what you mention 100mtrs out first comment from his daughter was "I'm bored" there was nothing positive in the Broads section unless you like Ice cream, even the comment about people waving came over as negative, may be a case of bad editing but watching that it came over as helming a boat on the Broads is boring and like driving on the M25 with the bonus of people waving at you, still at least you could stop for an Ice cream, I think if I was a first time hirer and saw that program it could put me off hiring a boat,,,

Frank,,,,

Strow! I think that program actually did more harm than good for the Broads,.....

I couldn't agree more, Frank.

The focus was far too much on entertainment rather than fact.

Despite the programme's clearly stated aim of illustrating "dream holidays in the UK", they lost that plot completely.

Previous concerns over Andy's hire business losing a publicity opportunity are now very much overshadowed by the complete waste of of that publicity for the whole concept of Broads boating holidays.

I think they may have done Andy a favour not using him, I know it was only half hour and it was edited, but HW didn't shine for me! it was like here's your boat see you later, I think Clive Richo and Hirers posting on Youtube have done more to promote the Broads,