NBN Burgee

CooWee

Hi ya all,

I received my NBN burgee on Saturday morning, but did not open the envelope until just now and what a pleasant surprise, it looks really nice, the photograph does not do it it justice (that's not a pop at the photographer by the way, it just doesn't in my eyes), it looks well made and colourful.  Well done whoever commissioned that; talking of commissions... :naughty:;)

• Like 3

Keith, G'day.

The Hampshire Flag Company made them for us and I quite agree with your comments. We did sell them at a bargain price and any re-order would have to reflect that.

They made a "one-off" RAFSA Burgee for me and at just short of 40 quid I thought it was a bargain!

post-146-0-71217600-1403102263_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Mines still flying proudly on the front of my Hampton 25, and it's still not gone all flappy like those cheap ones, what I want to know is though, as some of you may know! during the season we spend four or five days out on her every week, last week it was Wroxham way, this week Potter and Womack, plus we are based in Stalham so the Ant get used a lot, so far since getting my flag just after they went on sale I havn't seen one other forum flag, seen plenty of NBF flags but none of ours, so don't hide them! get them flying, I need to know who to annoy when I'm out,,,

Frank,,,,,, 

• Like 1

Same here Frank.....We trundle about between Potter and Salhouse most weekends and the only other NBN flag we see belongs to forum member Janice ..... and that's only because we are in the same marina and quite often we cruise about together most times.

Seems very odd considering how many sold, we stopped at Ludham on our way back to the Marina, I saw at least five NBF flags flying around me, I started getting a complex and was waiting for them to come and beat me up, I don't think I've even seen one of ours in our marina at Broadsedge, I may have to buy a NBF one and do the pirate trick and fly both flags, then I can pick a side when I'm out and about, Nah! not really I'm proud of my little NBN flag, I get a better class of abuse on this forum,,,,,,,

Frank,,,,

• Like 2

Right that's it! I'll take pictures of my flag in different areas of the Broads when I'm out and about, that way the other lot will think there are more of us and won't attack me! Oooh Wait! I'm a member there as well, does that me if I meet myself on the way back I'll have to beat myself up???

Mines still flying proudly on the front of my Hampton 25, and it's still not gone all flappy like those cheap ones, what I want to know is though, as some of you may know! during the season we spend four or five days out on her every week, last week it was Wroxham way, this week Potter and Womack, plus we are based in Stalham so the Ant get used a lot, so far since getting my flag just after they went on sale I havn't seen one other forum flag, seen plenty of NBF flags but none of ours, so don't hide them! get them flying, I need to know who to annoy when I'm out,,,

Frank,,,,,, 

Frank

I should be around the Ant for a couple of weeks, the week after next and I will keep the flag flying so that you won't need to feel lonely.

• Like 1

Evening,

The NBN burgee will be a fluttering down the River Yare on Moonlight Shadow next month, along the River Waveney, may not make Geldeston since we are both crocked and really need the set moorings, a stopover in Beccles is probable and OBYS is a Thursday night stopover and then a slow meander back up the Yare with a lunch at the Ferry which we have never stopped at before a possibility.  Somewhere early doors I might have a whizz around Breydon as well just for the hell of it.

Keith :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi John,

I have fixed the pole to the forward rail and we are flying our somewhat wet burgee at the moment.

I had to buy another wind indicator this week, we always have to get a new one each season or even two, I recon that the design would look good on a wind indicator (they tend to be about half the size of our burgee).

Just  a thought.

Regards

Alan

Sorry to report but we have just spent the last week cruising to Womak, South Walsham and Sutton, all popular places, but we didn't come across another NBN Bargee to keep us company. :(

Brilliant cruising though and the fishing was prolific. :smile:

You must have missed us Gary..... We were about last weekend and thought we were the only ones flying the flappy burgee.... did bump into Jonzo (john) at St Bennetts.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spotted another NBN burgee in HWs marina at potter...... im pretty sure it was MOWJO (frank) boat named Quackers Hampton Safari... was going to knock but it was 00.30hrs this morning after falling out of the Broadshaven but thought better of it.

Didnt see them this morning as 06.00hrs trip back to London.

Just to be fair to the NBF & their £20.00 'lesser' quality flags, they are made the traditional way, e.g. stitched and apart from fading after several years use wear very well. As for the £20.00.00, presumably a fund-raiser for that forum. If my memory serves me right NSBA, Norfolk & Suffolk Boating Association flags are £9.00 but they are printed, and provided that you don't put them on a hot wash survive very well too. I can honestly say that I see very few NBN burgees, maybe people don't want to spoil them by flying them!

Just checked the NSBA website:

http://www.thegreenbook.org.uk/

No, NSBA, I shall stick with my old flag!

Anyway, that's their prices, you'll have to judge prices, quality, value etc. for yourselves. Whilst you are looking at the NSBA website have a root round, good organisation for us boatowners. If you don't know it their 'Green Book' is a gold-mine of information & worth the sub alone, in my opinion.