Sad News: Coldham Hall in Substantial Fire

MY littleboat

I'm sorry to pass the news on that Coldham Hall has been very badly damaged in a serious fire this afternoon. Passing all my best wishes on to Nat and George who have always been terrific hosts to both members of this and other forums locally.

Hoping they get back on their feet very soon

According to the EDP the fire was restricted to the kitchen/food prep area but the main pub was not affected – probably will have some smoke damage though. So hopefully they may be able to get up and running fairly soon even though they may not be able to have the full food offer on for a while. Such a shame, I popped in last month and had a superb pint of Humpty Dumpty Reedham Gold.

The EDP also say police are investigating which sounds slightly ominous????

I wish them well.

Very sad :( I hope they can get back up and running soon.. Everyone needs to make a beeline for them when they reopen.. (although the same needs to be said for all southern businesses really)...

Hope they can get back up soon though.

• 2 weeks later...

The portable kitchen can be seen infront of the pub, you have to commend the owners for the effort they have put into to get up and running with food again. The bar and restaurant were not effected by the fire other than some smoke, they were very lucky the thatched roof did not set on fire.

For the latest report please see:-

http://www.angliaafloat.co.uk/news/broadland_pub_is_up_and_running_after_being_ravaged_by_a_blaze_1_3687761

Regards

Alan