Norfolk Broads 9th out of 25 top family activities

i do not know who or how many people took part in this VISIT ENGLAND survey

but,!!!   eating a bag of fish and chips on a blackpool pier to come first,  well!!

some people really do need to get a life  :shocked  :shocked  :roll:  :roll:   :naughty:

• Like 5

I have nothing against Blackpool but a Broads holiday is (for us anyway)

Eating a fish supper watching the sun set on a boat on the Broads

Sitting up until the early hours just listening to the water and the wild life

Fishing in the evening with a beer or two

Reading a good book with the roof back and a glass of wine

Sitting at the Wroxham hotel watching the fun at the bridge (Alan Ranworth Breeze guilty of that lol)

Wild mooring or mud weighting, feeling like you are the only people on the planet

Nah you can have Blackpool, no comparison is there?

Grace

• Like 1

I wonder if the survey was taken during the Blackpool Illuminations :naughty:, most of the chips I have had there are a bit dire, after saying that I have not been to Blackpool since the children were little and we stayed at Lytham St Annes not Blackpool. We have been to Devon every year since and of course the Broads.

Regards

Alan

As one who has graced the Cricket Ground at B'pool, and stayed in the B'pool area many times, well, lets face it its only a three hour drive or so for me. I have to say, never tried their fish n chips. The place was looking pretty sad for itself the last time I drove down the so called Golden Mile.

However, the locals are very friendly and the entertainment is cheap compared tae doon souf. BUT, first!!! Geez a breck wul you, yer at the kiddin. 

If they had said Bridlington becoz of Fish n Chips, I widny argue wi that wan.

I have been to all of the first nine places, bar that part of Cornwall. Stonehenge may have history, but the Norfolk Broads are light years ahead when it comes to holidaying than there. Only the lakes on a bright sunny day may win IMHO.

cheers Iain.

Yes i would agree the broads has most things and we all know places  change with the seasons.i have not seen the list ,but what about the many sights in scotland . Back in June we went for the first time visited londonderry,derry wow if you have not been make a point to do so.Lovely sights and the people are wonderful.DONT by put off by the past troubles .

Plus all the small seaside towns around the country 

Still we all have are own ideas

Ian

Hi Ian,

As it is about English holiday places, I kept my totally biased opinions of Bonnie Scotland  out of the thread.  :naughty:

However, if anyone requires advice about up this way, please ask. I may be able to help you.

cheers Iain.