why do I love Norfolk

Chelsea14Ian

Ian,

I have to sympathise that you have to go through the rigours of the train journey up and the vast expense of a train ticket to get here!!

Like you I also work in London and have to stay down there for 3 nights a week, but lucky enough to be able to drive down and return home on a Thursday to my home (I find it quicker and cheaper than the rail service).

The drive home is one of the best parts of the week for me.

Having lived in South London I couldn't wait to move out - even my wife who was a self confessed "townie" and once said she would never leave London would never go back.

I hate being away during the week, but the weekends and holidays make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

Its not to dear,thanks to trainline and I enjoy the trip up

Ian travels up by 1st on the train and I drive up by car, which I agree with you Baitrunner  :clap . Once I am through the Dartford Tunnel and heading north I feel I am going where I belong Norfolk. I am sorry to say Kent has nothing for me anymore and me being a Kentish Maid. I love my drive up to Norfolk and I loveee driving around the country lines :naughty: . Ian and I meet up at Norwich train station around 18:22 when his train get in.

We both are starting to relax for the weekend  cheersbar .

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

I love Norfolk. Moved here 7 years ago. But, it is changing - development is now rife and the pressure on the roads is increasing - the Stalham by-pass will undoubtable have increasing problems with the building going on in Stalham, Wroxham, Hoveton and Rackheath. In fact I understand that building line will eventually link up with the estate at Blue Boar! Then there is the new ring road. Wroxham will become a huge traffic bottle neck.

It is unfortunate but government and local planners do not appear to place much value on our rural landscape or the pace of life associate with it.

'Foreigners' have long been welcome in Broadland but they can hardly complain about change for they are part and parcel of it.

I recently met a lady from London who tells me her family have now all moved up here, sixteen of them in total! Incomers do create impact, it's inevitable.

My Mum's family moved up here before 1460, maintaining a reasonably straight family tree until the 1930's. Dad's a bit of a foreigner though, his family moved up here from Halesworth in 1911.

'Foreigners' have long been welcome in Broadland but they can hardly complain about change for they are part and parcel of it.

I recently met a lady from London who tells me her family have now all moved up here, sixteen of them in total! Incomers do create impact, it's inevitable.

My Mum's family moved up here before 1460, maintaining a reasonably straight family tree until the 1930's. Dad's a bit of a foreigner though, his family moved up here from Halesworth in 1911.

True but the pace of change is increasing and local authorities see growth and therefore urbanisation as the Holy Grail. That is a bit different to individuals migrating here for a quiet life.