why do I love Norfolk

Chelsea14Ian

Is it because of the endless skies, the people, the coast ,the small pretty villages.The pubs,the beer.The changing scenery,ducks that wake you up.The food,wildlife not just ducks.Last and by no means least the Broads.It is for me all of the above.

What about you.

Ian 

• Like 4

Ian, thank you for that, if your post is not a brilliant advert for the Broads then I don't know what is....just showed this post to my friends and have been told you are as nutty as me Lol

Definitely agree all of the above but would like to add wild mooring and mud weighting just can't beat that if you want to be alone

Grace

• Like 1

It is the quality of life.

Nothing more, nothing less.

My brother lives in Esher. A very private road.

West End theatre's, top restaurents. Great Night clubs. Parties every week end, a huge circle of friends, some very wealthy, some famous.

Me. I'm a Billy no mates. Compared with him anyway.

When I finally slip my mooring there will be only me and Mrs Wussername in the church.

How sad is that!

She is me only mate I suppose. If she goes first I shall be very very cross.

Failing that, I feel very fortunate and privileged to be able to walk out of my door and in a few minutes I can be beside a river, on a marsh. See skeins of geese fly over my house. Hear the Bitten boom at Strumpshaw.

Got to beat the M25, The rush hour (twice!) wherever you are.

It is the quality of life.

It really does not matter how big your boat is, how large and powerfully your car, how wonderful your house is.

It is ones ability to appreciate Norfolk and Suffolk, it's rivers, broads and marshes.

Just me and Mrs W

I'm quite happy with that.

Oh and the grandchildren of course, it gives me so much pleasure to be able to introduce these two very young grandsons 5 and 7 to a world outside television and iPads.

• Like 6

Old Wussername, touching stuff, sums it up perfectly, thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

My daughter & her husband are near the tops of their chosen careers, both working in London, living in Highgate which is actually a very nice area, just bought a house near Oulton Broad in which to bring up their family, can't  say that I blame them. I worked in London for six years, hated it, walked away from my chosen career and returned home.

I can't agree more with all of the above. Working on the the dreaded M25 I can't wait to finish the week and heading up to Wayford, getting aboard DG and totally chilling for a few days before returning to the rat race.

It seems to be another world which we can explore and enjoy the nature that surrounds us and where ever we go meeting people that are so friendly with a similar frame of mind.

Fishing is good too.

Shame we have to return to rhe real world. 

• Like 2

Errr, did I say something wrong? Posts from myself & Old Wussername gone missing.

Not guilty, Peter.

We Mods decided some time ago to speak together before removing a post. Also to leave an explanation and Mod's signature to it....

Just to add that in the downtime last night some other posts (including Mods') were lost... sorry peeps.

Water lapping at the hull, the clink of guides against masts, the quacks, squawks, squeaks and rustles of the birds, trotting a fishing line, isolation, the way the sunlight dapples on the water, lightening flashing across the marsh, being close to history, boats, wooden boats, fibreglass boats, concrete boats, the flap of sail, the chug of diesel, the gurgle of petrol, the smell of wood, diesel and water....but most of all the people, the help they give, the guidance, the laughs, the loves, comradeship, a quiet pint with friends, a raucous howl of laughter, the odd chunter at a passing pillock, sailors, pirates, holiday makers rangers and locals. No matter where I am...my head and my heart are in Broadland.

• Like 8

Well I started something, what is clear we all love Norfolk and Suffolk.Having traveled over most of the uk and many countries, the broads is always in my thoughts.We live and work in london,what is great when we spend a weekend on the boat,after work I get on the train at Liverpool street and Norfolk kicks in.

Ian :dance

• Like 1