broads awards this year

650xs

Right ladies and gentlemen, to use the word seen in on this thread "respect" JONZO asked you to put it to bed, I am also asking politely to do so. Enough is enough, thank you.

cheers Iain.

I for one appreciate the extreme latitude given by the forum admin on this subject,  enabling a more open discussion on the subject than ever before.

I agree though, the real reasons behind the problem are unlikely to ever be admitted or resolved.

It's been good  to have an unrestricted discussion on the subject with no one resorting to personal insults or any thread locking or deletion, well done NBN, Posters and Admin.

I do however wonder how much of the awards scheme is down to rewarding the recipients and how much is self publicity and ego massaging for the organisers!

Dave :???:

On one hand they are accused of representing a tiny number of people and on the other, accusations of inflated egos. Seems an unwinnable scenario.

For the record, I do not appreciate being told that the award that I know a sizeable number of my customers have voted for is worthless; even if it's just a percentage shown, I can work out the math to a reasonable degree of accuracy between one percentage point and another with the casting of a couple of votes.

Nothing is perfect but if we don't contribute to solutions, they never will be.

It seems to me that  "The Broads Awards" should be organised and votes counted by a totally independent "body" which has no connection of any sort with any boatyard or business in the Broads area. 

There could be a link on forums and Boatyard websites  to go to a voting page but that would be the only connection with the Broads in any way

The big problem would be finding an organisation willing to do this without any influence from any local business.

Jeff

Sorry Ian, I was posting my reply while you posted yours so didn't deliberately flout your request. Sorry!

Dave :oops:

No worries Dave, it can and does happen. Now to the others, yes a good debate but now is the time to put it to zzzzzzz Ta muchly :)

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

I for one appreciate the extreme latitude given by the forum admin on this subject,  enabling a more open discussion on the subject than ever before.

I agree though, the real reasons behind the problem are unlikely to ever be admitted or resolved.

It's been good  to have an unrestricted discussion on the subject with no one resorting to personal insults or any thread locking or deletion, well done NBN, Posters and Admin.

And I, completely agreeing with Iain, think that Strow has summed it up very well.

Please don't force us to end it but just let's let it die now, PLEASE!

• Like 8