Judi's New Friend

Mowjo

Folks! I'd like you all to meet Judi's new friend Mickey! He/She has been hanging around Broadsedge for the last week or two, this morning when we got to the boat Mickey was sitting two boats down, and the duck lady decided she would feed Him/Her, I'll call it a her now as she's so cute, I think she must be someones pet as she's very friendly, all day while working outside she sat just a couple of feet away, anyway we got chatting as you do with ducks and when you talk to her she talks back, she sort of whitters at you, everytime I went back on the boat she sat at the back, so duck lady fed her again, we were sitting having a cup of tea and when I looked up she was sitting on the stern as you can see, Jude has named her Mickey and been to the pet shop and bought loads of duck food, I'm keeping the camera handy tomorrow because I'm sure she will be on the boat, I told Jude that as it's her duck if she C**ps on the boat she clears it up, I think someone must be missing a cute pet,,,

Frank,,,,,

post-39-0-25489800-1415127145_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Ooooh! you've gone and done it now, Jude is making a list of names and Baz your top of the list, if you'd have been there last year when someone scared her Daisy duck and the baby's you'll know to stay well clear of her, it wasn't pretty and she had swear words even I'd never heard before, he tends to give her a very wide berth when he see's her now,

Iain! Jon spys on me here anyway, and I think we have an informer because Jon mentioned it would be a different boat in six months and he dosn't know me that well, like it says at the bottom! it was only a small bit of rot! but I might as well re-build the whole boat,

Here's an odd thing! to me ducks are just ducks and normally I can take them or leave them, but every year Jude has adopted a Duck gives them names and they even come to her when she calls them, Daisy and the baby's last year were great, because Jude had fed her a few times then she turned up with six little ducklets that were only a few days old, unfortunatly she lost one but the other five stayed with us all year and found us even when we moved around the marina, it was nice watching them grow into full blown Ducks, they were all girls but they disappeared about a month ago and we havn't seen them since, so perhaps they flew south, as I said ducks are just ducks to me, but I've fallen for Mickey, I can't believe she sat just two feet away from me when I had electric saws and planes going full pelt, everytime I stopped I spoke to her and she whittled back at me, so I'm hoping Mickey sticks around for a while,,,

Frank,,,,

• Like 3

I think Mickey is lonely, yesterday when we got there she saw us arrive and actually flew to the back of the boat, Jude fed her and she's even bought a little food bowl for her just so if it rains she can bring it in and the food won't get wet, I had the saws and plane out again but she wasn't worried and sat about two feet from me, now Mickey even knows when we are leaving and follows us to the car, it's quite sad as she just stands there and watches us drive off, I'm no duck expert but I'm sure Mickey has feelings, she looks happy when she see's us and if I talk to her she whitters back at me, and when we leave her head go's down a bit almost as if she's sad to see us go, as I said I'm pretty sure she was someones pet and even more sure now I know she can fly, so why she ended up at Broadsedge I don't know, even when we get home Jude worries about her and is always saying I wonder how Mickey is? I find it all very odd as Judi dosn't normally like anything that flie's, she got a phobia when she was young after watching Hitchcocks Birds, but say anything bad about her ducks or Mickey and your in trouble,,, 

Frank,,,,,,

Peter! I could never eat anything i'm on first name terms with, :norty:  your right about the mess though, thats why I shoo her away from the back of the boat and won't let her get on, we missed a couple of days on the boat and Jude said I wonder how Micky is? I jokingly said probably dead, big mistake she called me everything and never spoke to me most of the day, so some good did come from it, if I actually deaded her I think it wouldn't only be the Duck that was stuffed,,

Frank,,,,,

• Like 1

He or she was very at home upon "Girl Ruby" the clinker boat moored on the slipway this morning. I do not think the owner will appreciate Mickey's toilet habits on the wheelhouse roof. Friendly sort of duck though.

Chris! we are about four boats down from there and I nomally park just by the slipway, perhaps she's on the lookout for Judi, as much as I like Mickey I wouldn't be too happy with her on my boat, she normally comes down from what I call the finger end, I bet there are a few messy boats there now,,

Frank,,,,

We are down there as well, but it is the Gulls that are doing the damage to us at present. I do however put my old vinyl canopy on for winter. I think I probable saw the duck watching you work the other day.

Muscovies are really friendly. My previous front door had a letter box down low and every morning an old, and inedible, muscovy would come along and lift the letter plate with his beak and let it drop with a loud click. He would keep doing that until we eventually took him a handful of corn, to which muscovies are very partial. More than once he came into the house and relieved himself, blessed creature! Such is the joy of living near the water, it's not all a bed of roses, sometimes it's a puddle of poo!!

Well I never, hello Lori, long time no speak. Are you OK. I still haven't put any pictures on the site, but the camera ( Lumix TZ30 ) is working great, maybe later eh. Take care

Baz

Hi baz , am not too bad thanks, not been on much lately , family illness, ive now moved on with cameras, hubby bought me an olympus stylus bridge camera& it's quite nice apart from the sound which is not very good. But i still like it, it takes great macro pics lol.. lori

Hiya Lori,

Sorry to hear about the family problems, hope they're all sorted now.    The Lumix as I said, is a great little camera, but like you, I also have another,it one I bought off of my son, a Nikon D40. Nothing really special, but it takes brilliant photos.

Well you take care Lori, maybe see you one day on the boats eh.

Baz 

• Like 1

Hiya Lori,

Sorry to hear about the family problems, hope they're all sorted now.    The Lumix as I said, is a great little camera, but like you, I also have another,it one I bought off of my son, a Nikon D40. Nothing really special, but it takes brilliant photos.

Well you take care Lori, maybe see you one day on the boats eh.

Baz

Hi baz , yes hopefully see you one day lol, ive already got next years boat booked, princess2 , can't wait . Lori

• Like 1