Floor tiling expert arvice

Baitrunner

Grey funnel line - tiles - like shrapnel when the   sh one t    hits the fan - otherwise it can be done - I have floor tiled onto steel before now with good results (They are still down and secure)

Multi tool - I have one too a 'Fein' 110v to be precise, cost me over £500 about ten years ago and still going strong albeit the switch is a bit awkward

'B.A' heads and bathrooms are tiled, only a splashback in the heads though around the basin area, surprisingly no tiling in the galley

Griff

Am I the only one who keeps reading the title of this thread as "Floor tiling expert avarice"?

Ah well, once bitten.....

With apologies to notable exceptions such as Griff of course :smile:  

Polly,

You would have less hull to polish as well (shorter fenders are cheaper too), but you will need more antifoul :naughty:

Problem is though your draft might be an issue :naughty:   Stuck under Potter cause you grounded out - might be a first.

Iain,

Don't start on us about Narfolk words :norty:   You know it will end in...  :cry  :cry  

How come you mods are onto spelling mistakes/double posts like a shot, but making me look a fool with my typo (well I normally do a good job of that myself to be fair) - I am feeling like your being wordist - after all I could be slickdesic :taunt:  :taunt:   or just use an iphone too much - which makes me wonder when I last used that word for it to auto complete.

So what I really wanted was someone to tile my floor in Arvice. I cant believe you fools haven't heard of it  :dunce:

http://canavansbooks.wikia.com/wiki/Arvice

The wonders of Google :party2:

One of the best ways of getting old vinyl up I've found is using a multi tool with the scraper blade,if you take your time you can get up most of the adhesive as well, I've owned a few now and by far the best for me is the one below I'm using now, A couple of people in the marina saw me removing Altro vinyl in my last boat and asked if they could borrow it, big mistake as when I got it back I used it twice and the motor burnt out, it was a rather expensive Bosch one, the second one I lent to my son in law who's a carpet and Vinyl fitter and he burnt that out in a week, I then thought as they don't last long go cheap and bought the Draper one I think I only paid £39.00 for it, I've now had it over a year, taken Vinyls up, Tiles up, tiles off walls, used it on the boat loads of times, I'm well impressed, you may think it's a lot of money to take a bit of glue up, but I've lost count of the other uses like flush cutting pipes and fittings, cutting holes for sockets without having to remove half the boat, cutting access panel, detail sanding, it's endless and has paid for itself many times over,,

Frank,,,,

Ive got one of these and find it a really useful tool

David