GeoffandWendy

A Special Recipe For Grace

Breakfast  

Eggy Bread Fry Up

4 Slices of Thick (Toastie) Bread

2 Eggs

Milk about 2 Tablespoons full.

Salt & Black Pepper  

Tin of Tomatoes (Whole or Chopped - your preference)

Beat the eggs and milk in a bowl, add salt and ground black pepper to taste.

Next open tin of tomatoes using suitable tin opener (NOT a Screwdriver) and heat in a pan or Microwave oven

Pour a little cooking oil into your frying pan and warm until it is quite hot. Place a full slice of bread in the pan and lightly fry on both sides until it is light brown. Then pour some beaten egg mix over the fried bread, just enough to cover the slice. Fry further until egg is cooked, turning to do both sides. Will have to be repeated, depending how much a glutton you are, or how many you are cooking for.

Place your cooked slice of eggy bread on a plate and spoon over with tomatoes to taste.

You can garnish this with some rashers of hot crispy bacon, sausages, black pudding, mushrooms or whatever you like. Or just have it on its own. 

Wash down with a nice cup of Tea or Coffee!

• Like 3

A quicker and easier recipe for Grace.

Locate a non stick container of Cote du Rhone.

Remove cork or screw top.

Measure out approximately 17.5 cl and consume

Repeat to taste.

Please note the ambiguity in instruction two (line three) this was not intentional, but I suppose either might apply.

• Like 1

Thank you for the yummy recipe Geoff and Wendy, going to try it out on my boys. A few more recipes and I reckon you'll have reached your 50 posts by Sunday evening Lol :kiss

Now I feel a real need to set the record straight, it appears some guys on here think I have a drink problem, I do indulge in the odd glass of red and a beer now and again, I can quite honestly tell you I do not have a problem, hic

I will be indulging tonight with some friends and I can tell you MM and Iain it will be a screw top as we are going up market tonight and having sparkling Lambrini :naughty: hic and maybe the odd can of lager (sorry Howard)  :naughty: we may even don our white high heels and dance round our handbags :kiss

Grace

• Like 2

for me eggy bread uses at least one egg per slice, its just break egg onto lipped plate (to stop it running off) beat lightly with a fork to just sort of break the yolk, season with salt and pepper, dip thick slice of bread into mix (sometimes if I am doing a batch for the family I start with 2 eggs) allow t soak for a bit, flip the slice over and soak the other side - I might resoak the first side again after, then into the frying pan - while breaking another egg onto the plate, beat and season and then start the next slice soaking, turn the one in the frying pan to do t'other side, and then repeat, occasionally adding 2 eggs when the plate gets too dry. the last slice (mine) gets any leftover egg poured over it in the pan. then generally after eating I have to come back and do another 2 slices each for everyone.

Grendel