Richardsons Star Gem Boats?

GeoffandWendy

I know one of these boats (Star Gem 4) has been covered before, of which I have read through all the comments. We have booked one of these boats for our very first Broads Holiday in April this year. How many Star Gem Boat's are there? When we booked through Hoeseasons it was for Star Gem, which showed that the seating had two Blue moquette armchairs with blue curtains. The four poster bed was in red, as was the driving seat.

The exact same boat (Star Gem) in Richardsons Brochure and on their website, showed the arm chairs and curtains to be in a dark red or maroon colour, same as the bed.

In the report on a previous page on here it shows black tub chairs, aboard Star Gem 4 

I am a bit miffed as to what boat is what amongst these Star Gem boats. Are they all different regarding the furnishings and if so, how will we know which boat we will be getting. The invoice from Hoeseasons just states Star Gem, without any number.

I am aware that these are oldish boats and assume that the decor has been changed over the years, so it looks like we have booked a Mystery Boat, of wait and see when we get there. :lol:  

Hi Geoff,

I don't know if you have looked at this site http://norfolk.broads.org.uk/wiki/index.php5?title=Main_Page It shows all the Star Gems. Perhaps the boss Clive Ricko. maybe see this thread and give you the answer you seek.

Me, personally hired Z300 when she was in another Boatyard in the late 80s early 90's it had a bench seat then and a recliner chair. The engine was midships in the large saloon and was great for drying things on top with the heat of the engine.

Often these days, a class of craft may have different pics to the boat you have hired. I am sure you will find the boat ideal for your needs. 

cheers Iain.

Hi Geoff and Wendy,

I introduced my wife to the Broads on Star Gem's sister boat, Pearl Horizon.

Very nice boat with loads of space and comfort for two.

The only thing I would warn you of is;- mind your head when going in and out the rear door!   I already knew and she found out that it can b***dy hurt if you hit it on the door frame!

Hope you enjoy your hols and don't forget not to rush things

Jeff

• Like 1

I would have to check the boat to see the curtains and upholstery but the brown 'tub' chairs have been removed and different chairs put on..

Thank you Clive, I would appreciate that if you could. Not that we are really bothered what colour the furnishings are, I was just curious as to why your brochure and Hoeseasons brochure show different colours for what I assume is the same boat. Having said that, I am glad that those tub chairs have been replaced. My dentist has those in his waiting room and they are bloody uncomfortable. 

Hi Geoff and Wendy,

I introduced my wife to the Broads on Star Gem's sister boat, Pearl Horizon.

Very nice boat with loads of space and comfort for two.

The only thing I would warn you of is;- mind your head when going in and out the rear door!   I already knew and she found out that it can b***dy hurt if you hit it on the door frame!

Hope you enjoy your hols and don't forget not to rush things

Jeff

I can second that Geoff!!! You have been warned....TWICE! lol

cheers Iain.

Thank you Geoff, for the pictures. As long as the armchairs are comfy, then that's ok. Most boats seem to have settee style seating, rather than individual armchairs, but I suppose the beauty of these, they can be moved to where you want them. Just hope the bed is ok, as I am 6ft. Can always sleep in the knees up position or diagonally corner to corner, with Wendy sleeping on the floor  :lol:

two guns   Sorry dear  :bow  I will sleep on the floor then and you can have the bed.

• Like 1

I hired Broadland Wave 2 last October which by the look of the photos has the same armchairs. They were very comfy chairs indeed. I haven't hired Star Gem but previous reports about it and its Pearl Horizon sister suggest the bed is on the short side, so I'd be interested to hear how you get on.