"Posh" Bathtubs!

BroadScot

Oh dear Alex, you've really burst my bubble now......there's me thinking you cruise along in a skirt with your blue warpaint, showing your bum, shouting something about wanting your freedom and attacking the locals  :naughty: Still a nice name for a Boat though 

Grace

• Like 1

So if I understand it correctly Gracie is jumping into a posh bathtub with a man in a skirt? Takes all sorts I suppose. :)

Looks like Eric you will have yet ANOTHER female on board later in the year :naughty: Eh Gracie!

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Jaws, I think I need to let you know that Eric did not build that wall all those years ago, he's not that old and he's not really Mel Gibson either that would be Alex (Alex&Lorna).  :naughty: and honestly Eric will you ever learn, only three dinghy's :norty: Well. I'm glad I managed to clear that up lol

Grace

p.s I think you lot need to log off and have a lie down, I really do :kiss

• Like 5

Oh dear Alex, you've really burst my bubble now......there's me thinking you cruise along in a skirt with your blue warpaint, showing your bum, shouting something about wanting your freedom and attacking the locals  :naughty: Still a nice name for a Boat though 

Grace

I am something of a reprobate lol , so don't be surprised if I moon as we go past lol! :bow

We draw the line at attacking locals , but our lot do have a poor reputation with posts - goal posts generally , but if you arrive at a staithe and theres nowt to tie on to ................... :shocked

• Like 1

A bath tub is a single level boat, be it posh or not...

A 'Proper' wooden boat has a varnished hull, otherwise it may as well be fibreglass.   :naughty:  :naughty:

Errr may I be the Referee at the Dual to the death Water Pistol fight with a certain ex RN type,Clive?     Action.... camera.... at the OK Richo Coral/Harbour/Quay/Dock/Staithe/Boatyard.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

A bath tub is a single level boat, be it posh or not...

A 'Proper' wooden boat has a varnished hull, otherwise it may as well be fibreglass.   :naughty:  :naughty:

Ah yes!  a proper woody is indeed varnished (Hired a few Admirals and the like from Brooms with that very finish)

I know of a proper nice varnished woody languishing in a shed at Horning that has forgotten what sunlight looks like!  so that one may as well be tupperware too :taunt:

Griff

• Like 2

:shockedThere are  actually two :shocked

but one should be out soon (smaller one) The other is waiting for a lull in jobs so that the bits that have been made can be put on!

That is unless you meant Katinka which we launched a few weeks ago...

• Like 1

We passed a few old wooden boats on our travels at various places, looking rather drab and unused. It is a shame to see these boats in such a sorry state. One in particular was moored on the river Ant, at the boatyard private moorings near Wayford Bridge. It was down to its bare wood, having lost its coat of varnish. Why owners let them get in that sorry state is beyond me. On the other end of the scale, we did see some really nice wooden boats, lovingly cared for, with beautiful teak varnished hulls and superstructures, possibly built during the fifties/early sixties era.