Slipway/hoist

Wehlau

I'd say goodchild although they only appear to have a 32 ton crane... at 90 tons you may struggle to get a lift without hiring some seriously big crane which will be more than paying for a dry dock (considering you will probably need to hire a 200 ton crane for the extra safety margin).  There are (probably) cheaper dry docks down here on the medway as we have a few (big) liveboards, but it's a bit of a trek obviously.  You can get an ultrasound done in the water if required? 

cheers

• Like 1

Alicat in the port 300 tonnes I think.

both Alicat and fender care are very high price,it would be cheaper to hire a crane.it may be a trip down to Maldon my home town and go in a dry dock,it's just the time there and back and the fuel cost at 22ltrs an hour
  • Like 1

Yes but close to you!

working out the fuel and the dry dock it's the same price give or take as the dry dock here.so it's just do I fancy a trip or not.i will look in to Lowerstoft as I have only spoken to one firm at the moment"Lowerstoft slipway service".

Lowestoft Haven Marina have one of the largest boat lifts but its rated at 70 ton. There are no boat lifts on the broads that I know of which are capable of lifting a boat of your weight. The nearest will possibly be in Yarmouth harbour where commercial boat lifts are available - Richards will be able to do the job, the cost will be high.

• Like 1

I suspect that the Excelsior Trust could too.

Have seen barges, as well as ships, hauled up there.

looks like it may be Lowerstoft for the slip out.in Great Yarmouth the minimum price is 2000pounds.the problem being they play with the big boys and two grand is a sniff to them.i was hoping to find someone on the broads and give them a chance to earn some money.

Interestingly the Norfolk wherries go to the Excelsior Trust rather than to a Broads yard.

thats interesting I'll go and take a look next week,if they are carefull enough with a wherry then they can be trusted.some yards are a bit gung ho with lifting out and my old Prussian coaster is precious to me as its believed to be the last of its kind