Outboard thefts Ranworth

Wussername

• 2 weeks later...

Of course sometimes the police just get lucky, the following is boatwatch message I just recieved from cambs. plod.

Afternoon all

Overnight 1st June theft of outboard engines from Twentypence Marina in Wilburton

1 Honda 15 horsepower serial 1007852

1 Yamaha FT9 serial 400569/S

1 Honda R type serial 1002788

If anyone in local area saw anything suspicious please get in touch

Last night in Bretton Peterborough – officers stopped a vehicle driving as rear number plate hanging off and ended up arresting four males on suspicious of having stolen property in the vehicle – a search of a property they were staying at recovered a lot of stolen property including possibly 10 outboard engines

Police are trying to identify the engines – if you have lost one and didn’t report it or lost one and did not know the serial number but there are marks that could help identify the engine please get in touch with me so I can try and help reunite these engines with rightful owners.  My guess is that they would only have been stolen in last 6-8 weeks

Thanks all

Carol

Carol Aston

Crime Prevention Officer

Covering Northern Sector Peterborough

Cambridgeshire Constabulary

DD Tel: 01733 42(4417)

M:  7110192/07736342333

Email: carol.aston@cambs.pnn.police.uk

Address: Community Intervention Team, Bayard Place 4th Floor,

Broadway, Peterborough PE1 1FZ – part of the Safer Peterborough Partnership

As for multitasking men Wildfuzz, I can do fat,drunk,bald,and stupid all at once! Beat that!

As a result of this it has led to the recovery of several items stolen from Norfolk. I think most identifiable property has been matched to crimes and owners, it appears the majority of our major losses can be attributed to a very few individuals from out of the county. Strike one up to the good guys. :clap

• Like 8

Hello Stuart

Are you able to say how much stuff was recovered, I did email broads beat last week but have not heard back yet. Just wondering if any of my stuff was recovered?

Thanks

John

Also is it correct that 17 outboards were taken from ranworth in one night?

The property is still being identified as there was a lot of marine and other items recovered. Anyone who believes they may be able to identify any recovered property please email Broadsbeat@norfolk.pnn.police.uk if possible quote a crime number on all correspondance.

I believe an "Open event" may be organised for losers of items to come and have a look see. this we take a while due to the logistics involved.

John, without double checking I believe six outboards were reported, but I am sure other items were also removed.

Stuart

• Like 1

I have a itinery of all my items in the boat, from teaspoons to serial numbers for any equipment, added to that I have security marked most items.

Once done in a table in "Word" and printed, it is an easy task to add to the print out, maybe once a season and then update the document.

I also keep a record of when the engine was serviced, what changes I have done, what parts replaced etc and which windows have been resealed and when.

Even which parts of the hull have been waxed etc.

The list also contains a list of local phone numbers, so one document suits all.

Looking back over the document really shows how time flies, a job you thought you did say a season or so ago, could reveal that it was in fact 5-6 years ago, quite shocking really.

• Like 1