How to prove your an idiot!

Mowjo

This proves I'm an idiot! 30 years on the Broads, nine boats Petrol and Diesel, last Wenesday decided to go out on the boat for a couple of days, on the way back to the marina I noticed the battery's wern't charging, got back checked the alternator, knackered! over to motorman with said alternator got and fitted an uprated new unit, turn the battery switch on, turn the key and nothing, I check the alternator connections all fine, check the battery switch all fine, so cuppa while I think, suddenly I remembered I hadn't re-connected the battery's, Idiot! start her up nice charge, thought I'd take her for a little run to re-charge the battery's, cast off, just out of the mooring and suddenly the engine died, start her again runs for a minute and dies again, I managed to get it back in the mooring and spend the next two hours checking and re-checking everything, in the end I give up and go see David to see if they can sort it out, not till next week as they are very busy catching up on work, David says have you flooded it, dunno says I but the plugs were dry, David says, turn the fuel off and crank it over a few times and that might sort it, as he said that it hit me! like the idiot I am I'd actually forgotten to turn the petrol on, told Judi no-ones perfect we all make mistakes then blamed her because she hadn't told me to turn the fuel on, then it went to because the last boat was diesel and I never turned the fuel off, in fact I blamed everyone and everything apart from myself, but I now have a nice new sticker on my dash saying turn fuel on/off, it all goes to prove even with all my boats/years and experiance I'm still an Idiot and proud of it, 

Frank,,, 

• Like 8

It's been nearly a week now and every now and then Judi just looks at me and says Idiot! going by the amount of people she's told I don't think she'll every let me forget it, I even got a few comments on Facebook, I used to say I just had a Brain F*rt but after reading one I have come to the conclusion I'm suffering with Sometimers Disease, sometimes I remember sometimes I don't, 

Frank,,,

• Like 2

When I rewired my bungalow I somehow managed to get every light to be controlled by one switch... Was one wire that I got wrong - but couldn't see it for looking.

Sometimes you just need a Kit-Kat (a break!)

That sure was one hellova Intermediate lighting circuit! Sure takes the biscuit!  :naughty:

Guess who was a Sparky lol

cheers Iain

Mark! I was in safety mode,, really! don't re-connect the battery's, I can't blow anything up, don't turn on the fuel, I can't blow anything up, I think I may need another sticker though as I keep forgetting to turn the bilge blower on before I start her up, keep forgetting that and I might blow myself up,

Frank,,,

• Like 1

Yesterday, I had a problem with my computer, so I called Georgie, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over.

Georgie clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?

He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'

Georgie grinned..'Haven't you ever heard of an "ID ten T" error before?

'No,' I replied.

'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So I wrote down:

ID10T

I used to like Georgie

• Like 5

The simple way to prove you are an idiot is to assume something!  Two good examples that are applicable to the broads:

a) Assume that you know what you are doing.

B) Assume that someone else knows what they are doing.

The results can be very similar!  :shocked