Horning Regatta 2015

TheQ

We maybe spoke to you one day, the fleet was off downstream and we were headed into Black Horse Broad. Whoever it was on the safety boat kindly volunteered the information that the next race was at 2 o'clock and that Black Horse was not being used.

Quite happy to watch them from a moored Boat or the bank thank you very much lol, seriously though, I love watching them and the sound the flappy bits make as they gently sail gives me goosebumps, but why, oh why can they just not sail in a straight line like everyone else?  :naughty:

Grace :Sailing :gracie:

• Like 2

Some years ago at the bend by Horning sailing club a large Hire cruiser 35-40 ft (cream and red / marroon colouring) was coming down from Wroxham direction immediately before the bend the man at the helm  handed over to a young lady (they were close enough for me at the club to see this and the reason  I was looking at the boat it was in the middle to the wrong side of the river)  as he disappeared down below she panicked and shouted what do I do.....

Well the hire cruiser went straight on and pierced a Richardsons bath tub amidships that was moored just in front of Southern Comfort. The bows going through a window and a bit of the roof,  then splitting the side decks down and hull to just about the waterline.  A tarpaulin from someone in the club stopped water from entering the hull and Richardsons sent someone down to recover the boat. No one was hurt during this exercise (luckily)

The perils of sailing on in a straight line

• Like 3