Leccy Pylons at Norwich Yacht Station

Hockham Admiral

There are three new leccy pylons at Norwich Yacht Station, down at the far end just before the security gate. Each pylon has x1 32A socket and x2 16A sockets.... all good news!

post-146-0-25772400-1435908738_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately they are situated close together just inside the security gate. Friday Girl's stern was just forward of the escape ladder by the gate.

The posts are only 25 paces apart, say 75ft, so you have 9 sockets  in a pretty small length of mooring space... you can see that FG, at 35 ft, already takes up a fair bit of the space.

• Like 1

There are three new leccy pylons at Norwich Yacht Station, down at the far end just before the security gate. Each pylon has x1 32A socket and x2 16A sockets.... all good news!

attachicon.gifLeccy Pylons at NYS.JPG

Unfortunately they are situated close together just inside the security gate. Friday Girl's stern was just forward of the escape ladder by the gate.

The posts are only 25 paces apart, say 75ft, so you have 9 sockets  in a pretty small length of mooring space... you can see that FG, at 35 ft, already takes up a fair bit of the space.

Hi John,

At least they have installed some at this location.

It makes you wonder however if the powers that be in the B.A. know anything about boats or boating. Maybe they wish to see double or tripple mooring at this location :naughty:

Sadly tradesmen do not query their instructions these days or maybe its anything for an easy life and less trenches to dig.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Hi John,

It makes you wonder however if the powers that be in the B.A. know anything about boats or boating. Maybe they wish to see double or tripple mooring at this location :naughty:

Regards

Alan

With leccy cables festooned across them and the water, Alan? Heaven forbid!     :cry  :cry  :cry  

• Like 1

Grit great for the gelcoat & varnish alike especially when it gets caught in your deck shoes.

Maybe that was what all those grit bins were for :naughty:

Regards

Alan

How many grit bins on offer? How many 24hr, grit surfaced moorings are there? Over to you, Sherlock!

You know what's coming don't you? :naughty:  You know I like to be a bit of a livewire :naughty:  

cheers Iain

I was going to comment on the "live wire" issue, but to be fair, I'm remaining " Neutral" on this one.

Well, it's because I'm down to "Earth" lol...

I just don't get "phased" out about it.

lol...

• Like 5

Watt are they thinking? I hope the lengthy cables will not cause too much impedance for the public. The potential for trips could cause a drop-off or two. I would imagine that they would find it difficult to resist being pulled up to de-fuse the situation and remain static in their capacitance as suppliers.

• Like 4