One for the Pesky Mod

Ah yes...mmmm the version that you can buy in a Chippie is larger than that l see in the pic.  I have tried for years to find out who manufactures the ones for the Scottish Fish n Chip shops, but without success. Its usually well spiced, and believe it or not, NOT vwery greasy as far as the pudding mixture is concerned.

Where Eric (Rihadhcrew) and Neil (Wonderwall) hail from they also have RED pudding over on the east coast, the best I have sampled was the chippie in the square in St Andrews.

Today though, it will be posh nosh as its our Ruby Wedding Anniversary, also Ray's too. There was another thread regarding that, but I am trying to read through all the threads before getting myself ready for lunch out at a nice hotel.

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Hope you had a great night out, Iain! (and possibly allowed yourself a wee dram?).  ice slice

Hi John,

Yep, broke my rules for the day, had a very nice bottle of Merlot with my best man, (nothing changes there :naughty: ) When we returned home a couple of very nice Glenmorangies were partaken.

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary Iain and Mrs Broadscot.....I found this quote from Robert Burns which I thought was rather nice

But to see her was to love her

Love but her

and love her forever  :love

After all the years you and your lady have been married, I thought the quote was appropriate, all the very best to you both  cheers

Grace

• Like 4

Yes John, so true, my father quoted Burns often also. What Burns crammed into a very short life, was quite amazing. When you consider one of his poems is sang throughout the world, all the year round, but especially on Hogmanay. 

cheers Iain.

• Like 1