Potter Clearance

JanetAnne

Would anybody know what the clearance was under Potter today at low tide? Poor old Swiftway is intending to come down to the Beccles Wooden Boat event this weekend but may struggle to get through if the waters too high. She is looking for 6'2" (with her owners eyes shut obviously)!

It will be hard work to do that JA lol but if you see the tidal heights chart there you will see the "waves" get larger.. You probably still want someone to tell you what it was today then theoretically it should only get better.. Although I thought it's electronic now and you can look it on the internet.  I can't find it though. (Although it looks really low at the moment?!  http://www.herbertwoods.co.uk/norfolk-broads/webcam.html  ) cheers

Yes it would in normal circumstances Bill but Swiftway's owner is a long haul trucker and was stuck in his cab in Weston Super Mere trying to juggle time sheets, driving hours, deliveries and a desire to attend our event when he contacted me. Had the pilot still been there we would have known instantly by phone as you say but we needed to know after he'd gone home...

Potter Bridge is on Twitter plus it maybe worth looking at this online http://apps.environment-agency.gov.uk/river-and-sea-levels/riverstation.aspx?StationId=6217&RegionId=1&AreaId=2&CatchmentId=5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subtract the given figure of 0.33 from 2.333 and you get the bridge height i.e. 2.003m = 6ft 7ins

The constant 2.333 or 2.33 if you wish ( 0.01 ins difference)  works for all the bridges.

(Wroxham was 6ft 8ins an hour ago)

Edited by Hockham Admiral
Wroxham added
  • Like 1