Looking after your eyes

Last Saturday I went to have an eye test and my last eye test was 2 years ago. All my family (brother, sister and sister-in-law) have had cataract operations and they were sure I was next, as I am the baby.

My eye test showed up that my cataract were no more than the eyes of a 60 year old, but what I was told was how to protect my cataract / eye sight. It is to where sun glasses, as it is the UV ray what damages your eyes. I was told to wear sun glasses all year round not just in the summer.

Ian (Chelsea14Ian) has always worn his sun glasses and this is for as long as I have known him and he has no cataract.

So, if it is bright or if the sun is shining (I know at times it's a long shoot) wear your sun glasses to protect your eyes. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter :unsure:.

Regards

Marina  :Stinky

• Like 3

You may have noticed as shepherded you all around, during regatta week, I do wear wrap round sunglasses for the reason above. as I did in Saudi. I've also spent most of the last 40 years working in buildings with no windows so I am sensitive to light.

Unfortunately, when my father who served In Aden and other places, sunglasses were effectively an expensive item for the well off (and not permitted to be worn in uniform) and he has had cataract operations.

John you look the part so coool . I was having a chat with my Niece on facebook and she thought if other members of the family had cataract, then it would run in the family. Cataract is not like glaucoma. Good luck to all and we only have one set of eyes and we need them . Regards Marina

• Like 1

Last Saturday I went to have an eye test and my last eye test was 2 years ago. All my family (brother, sister and sister-in-law) have had cataract operations and they were sure I was next, as I am the baby.

My eye test showed up that my cataract were no more than the eyes of a 60 year old, but what I was told was how to protect my cataract / eye sight. It is to where sun glasses, as it is the UV ray what damages your eyes. I was told to wear sun glasses all year round not just in the summer.

Ian (Chelsea14Ian) has always worn his sun glasses and this is for as long as I have known him and he has no cataract.

So, if it is bright or if the sun is shining (I know at times it's a long shoot) wear your sun glasses to protect your eyes. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter :unsure:.

Regards

Marina  :Stinky

Had the same problem and opted for private lense replacement surgery - I wore contact lenses anyway and they were beginning to get on my nerves. The rusults are absolutely brilliant best money I have ever spent...apart from the boat :-)