The Weather

SteveO

I just don't get this! Last week, I read in the paper that the Met Office has predicted an Indian Summer, based on the fact that there is an El Nino event developing in the Pacific Ocean. Today I read in the Daily Telegraph that there is an El Niño event in the Pacific and it will lead to a long, bitter winter, and the cooling down has already started. Now we will get what we will get and can do nothing about that, but how can two sets of ( presumably qualified) meteorologists look at the same set of data and reach conclusions which are diametrically opposed and, if this sort of thing can happen, how can the supposed science of meteorology have any credibility at all when it comes to truly important predictions, such as those involved in the "science" of global warming?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Steve

• Like 1

The welsh weather forecasters always predicted the weather correctly.

If you can see those hills over there, it's a sure sign of rain.

If you can't see them.... It Is raining.

I have never known a place like Norfolk, to have such an unpredictable weather forecast. They say... if you don't like the weather at the moment, just wait half an hour and it will be different again.

I think the problem is caused by being on a North facing coast, exposed to the Arctic winds. 

Troon is notorious for windy days, you can pass a relation on the street and not recognise them as the head is down holding yer bunnet! :naughty:  As for a weather check...Ailsa Craig. If he's got oan his tie its gonnae be DRY...if he's got oan his Hat, its gonnae be WAT! (Wet)

cheersIain