Apple os9

Polly

Apple have released an os9 upgrade. Don't do this on your iPhone 4s!!!! Mine is stalled and has rendered the phone useless. We travelled 15 miles to the nearest Apple Store there was a big queue and I wasn't the only one with this problem. "Can you come back tomorrow? There are no appointments left today. Yes Apple are aware there is a problem and you will need to reset your phone, losing data not backed up.' 

Just great! :(

Thanks for the warning, I was too hasty to upgrade my ipad once...

big mistake, a few apps would no longer work, and some, the timing was all over the place.

It does make you think, if they really test the upgrades.

The real testers are the users! They get that feedback for free. Doh !

All you have to do once the phone/pad updates really is adjust the contrast as it turns it ti its lowest setting but apart from that you should have no problems hope this helps ...

Did this Geoff but it's the background colour against the font that makes it hard to read, I have to get me glasses out now !!!

Doug.

You do get that with android. 2 devices updated to 5.0 now I cannot recieve email on either (samsung), and it is very risky to try and go back unlike windows 10.

So with several computer devices, mine and Jill's auto update is off.

Bring back the abacus.

Paul

Hello you don't need to turn off your automatic updates simply go to updates find the Windows 10 update right click on it and it will give you the option to ignore that a particular update then your computer will update as normal, it is not really a good idea if you have your updates turned off IMHO especially if they are top end computers ...

Hi Cat I check possible updates when I log in to all accounts then search for problems with updates.

Broadscot  only certain Samsung are affected they deny it is a problem BUT are looking for a solution!

Nokia lumina is the affected the worst.

The problem with android is you take a risk reverting to a previous version to the point  the device will not work again.

Chrome etal have problems until programmers realise not everyone speaks fluent gobblygook, computers will never replace conversation.

How much of your available programmes do you use?

I am a geek having used  PDAs for years before tablets.

Now I need TABLETS to use a tablet pc.

paul

Hi Cat I check possible updates when I log in to all accounts then search for problems with updates.

Broadscot  only certain Samsung are affected they deny it is a problem BUT are looking for a solution!

The problem with android is you take a risk reverting to a previous version to the point  the device will not work again.

Chrome etal have problems until programmers realise not everyone speaks fluent gobblygook, computers will never replace conversation.

paul

I am very fortunate I just took the PCs like a duck to water was never really interested in computers but I passed my amateur radio license I needed a computer to keep a log, after owning a PC for sometime I realised every time something went wrong this man came to my house and robbed me for £50 each time so I decided I have had enough of this and started on my Journey to learn how to both build and repair computers. Please don't get me wrong I'm not a world authority on computing but I do know enough to keep that man away the one that had £50 of me every time he came to my house. Something I never used to have was patience but I must admit the one thing I have learned as patients because  you definitely need it with computers.

paul

I use to use a pencil and paper and calculator to do the weekend Golf Medal, it took hours to complete a result. Thanks to computers and members entering their scores direct into the remote PC I churned out the whole days results in under 20 minutes! 

I detested PCs in the early days. but love them or loathe them, they are here to stay till some other technological wonder appears on the scene!:party:

cheersIain

Apple offered me an appointment a week away to fix my phone, or I could come and wait..........

i finally did the latter, another round trip to MK and a store queue that was populated by os9  casualties like me. The manager said he'd laid on extra staff.

They managed a reset, which was not something I had been able to do due to a Catch 22 issue. This was because 'Find my iPhone was installed. There must be some common factor to explain why some folk were ok and others weren't, maybe this is it.

All my  data was lost, i had some backed up, which was good, but not as  much as I thought...bad!

i just got a 9.1 notification.....no chance!!

Edited by Polly