Just to say Hello

Islander

Hi all, just thought it was time to say hello and join in. I have been reading this forum for some while and enjoy a lot of the topics here. Now, just for the record, my wife and I have lived on our boat for the past 16+ years and love it. We are based on the southern rivers and are semi retired. All my spare time is spent refitting our project boat, Lady Linda. Hope to meet some of you soon.  Colin and Ruth

image.jpg

• Like 5

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome. Lady Linda has only had a few trips out but hope to have her based at St Olaves spring to autumn so we can use her more (still got a lot of work to do). I can't remember the name of the previous owner as our contact re: the sale was Paul Richardson at Stalham, as far as we know only 2 of these were built, the other being Lady Elizabeth which we think is somewhere in the Beccles area. I started with a plan to refit in 2years, 18 months later, we are still 2 years but intend to make use of her even if unfinished. Our other boat, which we live on, is a Classic sedan 31 which was named Jackie D when we bought her.

thanks again for the welcome. 

Colin

• Like 2

Jonzo, Kfurbank thanks for the info, I haven't looked at the old reg doc but we would be pleased to know any history she has. All we knew was the previous owners, who had lived aboard, had moved off due ill health. We can only hope they are happy with their move.

colin

hi colin and ruth

hope your both  well and keeping warm.

yes jonny was one of the previous owners and I presume he was the last owner before richardsons sold her

to you.

jonny was known for his love and knowledge of boats and he was also one of the original mod team here.

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki/index.php5?title=Boat_Details&BoatId=7805&BoatHistory=14758

jill

Hi Jill, hope your keeping well now your land based. The woodburner, although disliked by some, is still the best form of heating. Lady Linda is going to have diesel heating as we wanted to keep the original layout in the saloon. This will feed the hot water system and radiators/matrix heaters.

Although we never meet Jonny, Richardsons only acted as brokers and were very good. We agreed the sale on the first viewing. No survey....what's the point if you are going to fully refit anyway! She then went to Moonfleet and we made a big hole in our budget but she now has a bow thruster and lots of other jobs done (everything below the waterline). I suppose I should start a new thread show how we are getting on.

colin

• Like 2