Boat Jumbles

Lastdraft

• 1 month later...

Sorry, having checked the wx forecast, it is to be dry tomorrow morning at my end. The forecast for Newark is dry 1000 - 1400 also.  Our Local clay shoot is every second Sunday and it is tomorrow, a few of my shooting mates are to attend and have asked that I make up a team so I will be clay shooting 0930 - 1330-ish. two guns

I wish all forumites attending Newark boat jumble a successful morning foraging

Griff

Well...........It was as per normal with just a few, and I do mean

a few, stalls outside but the inside was short of stalls too.

Didn't see anyone that we knew except Kerry from NBS who

was there with her husband selling stuff and it was going well.

Got a couple of things but nothing there to shout about but

it did get us out of the house for a few hours as it's only 35mins

up the road for us.

One thing that really bugs us is the amount of small dogs on

leads that you very nearly stand on which you can't see when

near to busy stalls! Also a couple of stallholders had brought

their dogs and were kept in small cages which you would only

use to take it to the vet!! Is it any wonder they bark/yap so much.:norty:

Just checked Allans link, and there`s about 6 within an hours drive from us. The Dorset one at Canford arena is only about 4 miles away which i`ve been to before, and then there`s Beulieau (or however you spell it) which costs a whopping £8,70 to get in.  We`ve also got 2 at Netley in Southampton, there`s Portsmouth, and Chichester, which is about an hour away. I`m planning on getting Mistral done up and sold this year, so i think the Dorset one is going to be a must. The problem with the Beuleau one is it`s quite expensive, and you have to park possibly half a mile away from the actual event.

Hi B B,

Yes went myself, I don't know if I'm expecting too much from these Boat Jumbles, but I've been to Newark 4/5 times and in my opinion, it gets steadily worse, fewer and fewer stalls, just rubbish, tat and ropes. Oh and several yappy small dogs, but like I said, maybe I'm expecting too much.  

Dodged a bullet there then eh? had a fine morning clay shooting instead, 100 x clays, about 120 cartridges, 3 x cups of free tea, free scones, good company, 6 x milesin the Jeep there and back.  The lot for around £50, just a pity MrsG is refusing to clean my gun - spose I'll have to do it then as per the norm

Griff

• Like 1