Man rescued from the river in Wroxham today

ranworthbreeze

• 2 weeks later...

Only just seen this thread.  The man overboard was in the water for thirty minutes and taken to hospital but all was well in the end despite being extremely cold.  I was there and called the emergency services but couldn't get him out on my own.

• Like 4

Yes, he was extremely relieved I was there.  I called two other Liveaboards who are also local and they were here before the emergency services.  He was probably  in danger if we weren't around.  The benefits of having a few Liveaboards dotted around for sure.

• Like 8

Christmas could have been a very different outcome for that man and his family if not for your prompt action Manko. I'm sure I will not be the only Forumite to say to you well done and a huge pat on the back, if ever we meet I would gladly share a glass or two with you :clap

Grace

• Like 8

I lost count of the people and dogs we pulled out of the Wensum over the years when I lived aboard

there, especially after the city in its wisdom decided to build clubs and pubs on the banks of riverside.

winter is the worst as its cold and dark early.

one poor chap that i couldent get to in time had just finished uni and was out celebrating, stopped

to have a pee in the river while he was on the phone to his girl friend, the temperature change

hit him and he collapsed into the river.

he was on the far bank and we had no dingies at the time. i called the emergency services but

they couldent help.

luckily most we got to in time.

we also used to warn the trip boat and river rangers of obstructions in the water e.g.

large chunks of tree.

• Like 3

its not really bravery gracie

its just being there as I know there isn't one of us that wouldent help in these circumstances.

in the winter when the yard owner and rangers have gone home to bed the broads and

residential boaters are very much alone.

residential boaters are undervalued and often sadly alienated

• Like 5