Wayford Bridge Discount for NBN Members

Many thanks to Kris for this generous offer:

Hi John,

I have the following discount code that can be used on our website only.

TNBNET2015

Discount up to 10% for Norfolk Broads Network forum members.

Member name must be provided at time of booking online bookings only.

Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

If offers 10% of the standard rate and 5% off the discounted single occupancy rates and longer breaks.

Hope this is suitable

Regards,

Kris

Kristen Heavens

admin@wayfordbridge.co.uk

• Like 9

While i think it`s very generous of anybody to offer a discount to a a user group, such as this forum, or a social club etc etc, i find it strange why they specify "on-line bookings only"?. 

I can`t understand why you HAVE to book on-line to get a discount. It makes no difference if you book on-line, or by phone, or  face to face when passing by.   Still a very generous offer though, but sadly, seeing as i`m a ludite, it won`t apply to us

Definition of the word Luddite

One of a group of early 19th Century English workmen destroying labour saving machinery as a protest

One who is opposed to especially technological change

I often wondered what Luddite meant, so just looked it up, i wonder Neil, how do you feel about technology, Computers, laptops etc practically advancing on a daily basis? How do you manage to communicate on the Forum, a nice shiny laptop, I wonder lol :naughty:  (just teasing and completely tongue in cheek :kiss)

Grace

• Like 3

Luddite (modern usage) a person who CAN operate modern technology but only at the basic level. When faced with explanations as to how things should be operated to any further degree, the Luddite's eyes will glaze over and he will rapidly lose the will to live. This condition will be the same if he is in a pub surrounded by nerds.

To cure a Luddite of insomnia any of the following words will do the job.

Software, Hardware, Application, Download or 'Operating System'

To do any lasting damage to a Luddite an explanation of Mother Boards or Baud Rates could induce coma like symptoms. CAUTION, to a luddite discussions about BIOS could prove fatal.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

.....Still a very generous offer though, but sadly, seeing as i`m a ludite, it won`t apply to us

Nah....

You're not a Luddite, you're just as much a sucker for cameras and things as I am.....:)

23 minutes ago, Strowager said:

Nah....

You're not a Luddite, you're just as much a sucker for cameras and things as I am.....:)

seriously though Strow,  i can`t get to grips with modern technology, especially cameras. Karens dads camera is an absolute nightmare, it says how to do something in the operators manual, but when you do it, it does`nt do what it says on the tin as to speak.

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Luddite (modern usage) a person who CAN operate modern technology but only at the basic level. When faced with explanations as to how things should be operated to any further degree, the Luddite's eyes will glaze over and he will rapidly lose the will to live. This condition will be the same if he is in a pub surrounded by nerds.

To do any lasting damage to a Luddite an explanation of Mother Boards or Baud Rates could induce coma like symptoms. CAUTION, to a luddite discussions about BIOS could prove fatal.

MM you seem to have just described me!    I guess that means I'm a Luddite. :bow

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Yep, that`s me too John.. I`m not alone either.

Dear All,

Just in case you where wondering where to enter the discount code here is a quick how to.

Firstly search for the dates and number of people required.

5692160ddd4d4_ScreenShot2016-01-10at08.2

Then you are presented with a screen with the rooms and the dates across, this shows the prices.

569216d48a53d_ScreenShot2016-01-10at08.2

In the top right of this screen is a box "enter a promotional code" place the code TNBNET2015 in this box and press the apply button.

569216fb809ef_ScreenShot2016-01-10at08.3

The prices will now change to the discounted ones and you can proceed with checkout.

5692171c8ba91_ScreenShot2016-01-10at08.3

Then when you check out simply paste your forum name in the "comments" box below.

569219545caf0_ScreenShot2016-01-10at08.4

I hope this helps make things a little easier.

I note some folks are asking why internet only.

Well my reasoning is this I wanted to give a good offer and an offer where in the absence of a membership card it would be easy to administer.

Unfortunately when the hotel was taken over previously the reception area was removed leaving bar staff to check people in.  I am in the process of returning the reception back (requires some building work) and we have already opened up the door down at the bottom which was sealed off.

So at the moment I have a system which works from the bar (bizarrely it was in the kitchen before) so I want that when NBN members come in or check out they will simply do so and any member of staff will be able to do it as no discount will need to be applied as its done at the point of booking.

I hope that makes sense,

Regards

Kris

• Like 4

Thanks for the several emails you kindly responded to yesterday when I was trying to book a date and your response above.

You quite correctly told me that I'd copied and pasted the TNBNET2015 in and it needed back-spacing as it was incorrectly positioned.

We're now "go" and look forward to seeing you soon!   :wave

• Like 1