Pastures New

johnb

In another thread, Senator has stated that he and his wife are moving their boat to

"pastures new". I am sure we all wish them well, however, this didn't seem to me to be a

suitably nautical phrase. Can anyone suggest another more relevant to a new start with a boat/

I thought of "To new moorings and calmer waters"

• Like 1

Why not just say where you are going? Unless the creditors are snapping at your heels! In which case it should appear as a "New Berth" in the Birth, Marriages and Deaths section of the Times or Telegraph.

• Like 2

Should have said the original quotation is "To fresh fields and pastures new" 

Senator did say where they are going, they were like me, in poetic mood! After all, we are approaching 14th February, when all sensible men "hitched" in some way, should be thinking of suitable verses!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, johnb said:

In another thread, Senator has stated that he and his wife are moving their boat to

"pastures new". I am sure we all wish them well, however, this didn't seem to me to be a

suitably nautical phrase. Can anyone suggest another more relevant to a new start with a boat/

I thought of "To new moorings and calmer waters"

Up in the North in the last couple of months some narrowboats have literally ended up in pastures new.

Roy

• Like 2

23 hours ago, johnb said:

Should have said the original quotation is "To fresh fields and pastures new" 

Senator did say where they are going, they were like me, in poetic mood! After all, we are approaching 14th February, when all sensible men "hitched" in some way, should be thinking of suitable verses!

I like it John,  "Hitched"  :clap As in "a round turn and two half hitches", or a "clove hitch",  good old nautical terms.

• Like 1