Going To Church?

JennyMorgan

5 hours ago, Bobdog said:

It used to be said that in Norwich you could go to a different church for every week of the year, and a different pub for every day of the year.  I'm sure many of both types of establishment have long since closed down, I wonder how many are left of each?

Apparently years ago our village had 27 pubs !! When we moved in it had 3 and sadly we are now down to 1. 

The churches have outlived the pubs and are still open!!! Although some of the visitors don't leave.

i too am not religious, but am impressed with the quality and style of many churches and you do get that feeling of a greater being when you enter one. Or maybe that is just the people who toiled to build them. 

Norfolk is the land of churches. Even the smallest village often has a church the size of a small cathedral. 

19 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Even the smallest village often has a church the size of a small cathedral. 

Agreed Mark, I put Irstead Church in that category, only managed to go there once, its a very old building but worth a visit. I think it was in the 70's we signed the visitors book there.

cheersIain

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobdog said:

It used to be said that in Norwich you could go to a different church for every week of the year, and a different pub for every day of the year.  I'm sure many of both types of establishment have long since closed down, I wonder how many are left of each?

Re the pubs in Norwich, ask Howard (Norfolk Nog), i`m sure he`s been in most, if not all of them?. :naughty:

Sorry Howard. :hardhat:

• Like 1