1994 Hoseasons Handbook

Wow! Thanks for sharing this. Hubby and I took our children boating in 1996. I've still got our copy of What To Do On The Broads that we bought that year probably because it was advertised in the Hoseasons booklet.

We were on Gracious Girl hired from Summercraft. Great holiday ... we didn't plan anything but we never had any problems mooring up even though it was the middle of summer. 

Brilliant 

thanks for this, I'll probably still have a copy in the loft somewhere (along with many other years I would think ) as we were definitely there in 94 but haven't seen them for years.

We always looked forward to it arriving and would read it from cover to cover .... many times over before the holiday.

That was a really good read, being as we are relatively new to the broads.

It kind of reminded me of the late 80's when we would get the Horizon or Thomson brochure for Med holidays.

Although I don't think they had a "Check before you leave home" section. Jeez, if only I'd known not to turn the freezer off. :default_dunce:

• Like 1

I remember the handbooks very well, it was always a really nice thing to receive in the post with your booking confirmation in those pre-internet days. They seem to fetch money on ebay now. How did you get the pdf John, scan all the pages yourself? 

Blake's also issued this type of handbook but instead of sending with the invoice it was sent to you a fortnight before your holiday together with a large shopping list form to get your groceries on board for your arrival. This  lasted until Blake's stopped being a co-operative when like Hoseasons it was sent with the invoice, probably to save on postal charges.

On 7/8/2017 at 3:21 PM, VetChugger said:

Is this the original Hoseasons yard flsg????

Certainly the first one I can remember but early Hoseason brochures show the flag in the same style but with a red not yellow background. Not sure if they actually flew like that  or if it was just for the brochure.

Fred

• Like 1