Stranger

Looking for Sloes

what a job finding some but find some I did at the side of a road as well and the bushes were really hanging with them so got about 3lbs in 10 mins  just need the Gin to go with them now lol

cheers for the offers of getting me some

We saw loads on the canals, on the non towpath side, so easy picking.

Not seen any on the broads banks yet...

Not ripe yet!! Been watching and waiting for my secret location to be ready. Looked today and still some way off being ripe enough.:Sailingcheers

There always were lots around the Berney Arms area and the railway station. Chris Sheppard used to make them into a strong alcoholic drink.He called it Bullace.and used to give it to his regular customers at The Berney - they always came back for more!!...Dave R............

Probably get shot for this but I ordered mine online from Somerset... Partly because I don't know any local places where they grow and partly because I'm lazy...

Loads along the Waveney River Bank, most notably just upstream of Worlingham 24hr mooring. A delightful walk for those who aren't too lazy!

Bullace is a larger "white" variety of the sloe,:love:love I've got several trees in the hedge row of my garden:love:love, yes it does make a good winecheers

The trees on the Horning bank of the Bure, south of Cockshoot dyke, were purple with sloes last week. You could easily nose in and pick 'em from a boat.

cheers

Steve

Come out of WRC and turn left along the road - hedgerow full of them and if you do the loop (stop at the pub in Burgh St Peter) there are greengages or some other small type fruit along that road. We didn't die after we ate a few but not sure what they were!! Plenty of blackberries as well if you need any.

You can also add to jams as well,berries seem to ripen slower inon the broads I use home as a guild our berries seem to ripen earlier quicker then the broads.

What ever enjoy your sloes Ian