Didn't Know This Site Existed

Baitrunner

I was doing some research on my boat and had a couple of hits that were interesting.

The first was the basic info held by the BA that you can search on, but I also found this site.

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki/index.php5?title=Boat_Details&BoatId=6462

I put in Broad Ambition for the link I have shared as I knew it existed and wanted to share a boat we all know.

I'm not sure if I like having my boat posted up here or not to be honest? I guess it has been done to document all the different styles etc and not for any dodgy reasons though.

If you haven't tried it or didn't know it existed have a play to find boats you have owned or hired.

18 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

I was doing some research on my boat and had a couple of hits that were interesting.

The first was the basic info held by the BA that you can search on, but I also found this site.

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki/index.php5?title=Boat_Details&BoatId=6462

I put in Broad Ambition for the link I have shared as I knew it existed and wanted to share a boat we all know.

I'm not sure if I like having my boat posted up here or not to be honest? I guess it has been done to document all the different styles etc and not for any dodgy reasons though.

If you haven't tried it or didn't know it existed have a play to find boats you have owned or hired.

Hi Mark,

Here is a link to our area on the NBN that shows three boat isting sites.

http://thenorfolkbroads.net/forum/forum/250-boat-listings/

Regards

Alan

I have to say Mark, I don't agree with you on this. I see the site as a valuable rescorce, giving some level of history to a boat. I certainly don't see it as an invasion of privacy as the most information  you are likely to find are the various names a boat has had under that registration.

• Like 3

It's great when your looking to buy a boat but don't know what make to get. Walk around and see a boat you like the look of. Get the number and a quick search later you know the manufacturer and can start researching the make of boat to decide if it's one you'd like to own. 

• Like 1

I have to agree with 'Maurice on' this one, wise old bird that he is. When folk are out on the water they are on a public navigation so surely have no right of privacy as such so where is the problem? Be a different matter if Craig was creeping through the undergrowth taking intrusive, intimate pictures, heaven forbid!  Actually, now there's a thought, where is my extreme telephoto lens? New section for NBN maybe?

• Like 2

Anyone who has a boat on the broads will have been filmed still & in motion many times and probably have had said footage uploaded to the internet in many places.

Sadly this is a sign of the times, previously said footage would have laid, gathering dust in some nook or granny.

So, IMHO, I really can't see what all the fuss is about.

Now if said footage is taken and publicly displayed to invite ridicule ..... well that's just down right mean!!

• Like 3

I supplied Craig with several pics of boats I hired over the decades, the one on this thread was taken by Ruth it was our first ever "wild" mooring, on the Ant. One of the boats I hired is now a members, and has had a converted centre cockpit. So good to see it when in the hire fleet, I think.

cheersIain

• Like 2

The site is about the boats not the people and I have found it to be a useful reference. 

I have no expectations of privacy when above deck on the river. That goes double when actually sailing. I'm generally quite confident they are taking a picture of a pretty wooden sailing boat not me!

• Like 4