Old Boots !!!

Movic

Some light hearted stuff ........

So as you head to Yarmouth from Acle, you start to encounter the marker posts. Around post 60/61ish there is a couple of old boots nailed to one of the posts. They have been there for absolute years much to the amusement of my children :lol:. Often wondered why, and by who.

One of lifes' great mysteries 

• Like 3

I heard a tale that years ago a husband and wife were on the Broads. The husband was seemingly something of a philanderer and the wife, tired of him chatting up the local barmaids, nailed his boots to the post, presumably to stop him wandering! I belive also that these are not the original boots and have been replaced at least once. 

I can't vouch for this being the correct story but it does stick in my mind. Carol will most likely know cheersbar

• Like 2

Not been since last year .

But did see a crash helmet on a post or nearby  to one north side going towards Yarmouth ,  I'm sure it was brand new ish . I mean i have seen some bad  captains in my time. Really they are now  wearing crash helmets :shocked

• 4 weeks later...

So last week I past the old boots, but wait ........they have a new jacket with the words "sex god" on the back and on the other side on a red post a ladies bra !

The mind boggles at what goes on:party:

• Like 5