Richardsons RC45 and RC35

rich persons holiday

Sorry, but I must disagree.

I find it cheaper to hire a boat than hire a caravan.

If you think of all the extra expense involved in land based holidays it all adds up.

We have also hired from Sanderson in the past, but the prices are no different than anywhere else realy, it all depends on the boat that you pick, pick a gin palace and it is expensive, pick an economy one and it is cheap.

No matter what boat you have £1500 per week or £450 per week, you can only go to the same moorings and have the same holiday. I know the more expensive boats have more luxury, but in my opinion it is not the boat I am visiting, but THE BROADS.

cheersbar:Stinky

:wave hi clive i'm afraid it is getting a rich persons holiday, me & my sister have been coming on the broads for the past 10 years, but we usually have to go to sandersons marine, because (A) it's easy for us to get to by train & (B) it's usually the only one we can afford. it gets a struggle every year, especially now that the goverment have put the tax up on fuel. lori :Stinky

Hi Lori,

We have a fairly big brochure with boats for all pockets, but we pride ourselves on giving value for money wether you spend £250 or £2500.

cheers

hi lori. stalham isnt as hard to get to by train as you may think, we nearly had to do it last year. you need to get the train from norwich to wroxham and its a 10 min cab ride from the station. :clap

:wave hi andyg thanx for that info, it's given me something to think about,oh & can you tell clive to face the webcam abit more upright, you can't really see very much, pity we can't have one at reedham, would love to see some of you lot when you've had a few beers. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Lozi, If you take a look at Ricko`s website, they have many of their older boats, that are still very comfortably fitted with all the regarded essentials such as Colour TV, hot and cold water, Showers and heating, and some have stereo radio/CD player too, and they`re priced VERY competatively. I was looking at some of their Buccaneer 37s which can sleep up to 7 using settes etc, and they were being offered at LESS than £400ish. When you add on things like fuel etc, that may rise to about £500, but when you consider that`s for 7 people, that works out at just above £70 per head per WEEK. OK, in higher season, that will rise, but if you`re able to be flexible on dates, that`s a real bargain in anybody`s mind.

Back on subject now, has there been much progress on the internal mouldings yet Clive?. Regards .................... Neil.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I forgot to add, I may be wrong, but i think Richardsons may also be able to arrange a pick-up service from Wroxham, or possibly even Norwich railway stations, is that right Clive, or is that another yard?. ......... Neil.

hi bill, rickos dont run the mini buses anymore (shame really) guess the demand wasnt their.. clive was helpfull last year tho with pointers on how to get to stalham. your spot on with your comments re the rickos fleet we have hired amber gem at least 5 times, only ever had one problem the prop fell off outside the ferry inn a few years back. took some time to put right,, i didnt mind i wasnt driving back!!! so i enjoyed a few cold ones and improved my putting :lol:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
hi bill, rickos dont run the mini buses anymore (shame really) guess the demand wasnt their.. clive was helpfull last year tho with pointers on how to get to stalham. your spot on with your comments re the rickos fleet we have hired amber gem at least 5 times, only ever had one problem the prop fell off outside the ferry inn a few years back. took some time to put right,, i didnt mind i wasnt driving back!!! so i enjoyed a few cold ones and improved my putting :lol:

I`ve NEVER heard of a prop falling off :shock: , How did they put it right Andy, did they get John from Maffett cruisers to dive under and put on a new one, or do they have a weed hatch so you can do it while keeping dry :lol: ? Regards ............ Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont worry, we have been beavering away all this time, here is a photo of todays progress, the moulds for the liners have been made and released so we knocked out the plugs and have spun the superstructure over ready for trimming and finishing.

(finishing is basically repairing any marks or gel damage made during the moulding or releasing process.)

luckilly we have excellent quality moulds which are also new so there is not too much to do.

the superstructure will be put onto the hull when we have finished moulding the final shower room which should be th end of next week.

post-503-136713798249_thumb.jpg

yes its great every time we see progress,

we are counting down the weeks until the first booking and the fact that we have not been able to start building yet is is a little worrying :o we also have more than 10 plugs and moulds to make from the canopy to the gas locker bin lid, and just before we left off today we found that the new glue we have got did not stick the laminates to the bulkhead materials so we have to do all that again which does not help the cause :o

here is another photo because you are right she is looking good...

thing is should we ruin her looks with a satellite receiver? :?

post-503-136713798269_thumb.jpg

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Not bloody likely, keep it clean and simple Clive. When something looks that good, why stick an ugly afterthought on it. It was good to see the hull out of the plug, but (in my opinion) most of a boats good looks come from the superstructure, and that is one very sleek looking boat, so please please please DON`T ruin it with one of those all singing all dancing bar b que look alike lids that Ferry marina have on their boats. If people HAVE to have satelite TV, please try and make it detachable. Regards ..................... Neil.

Looking fantastic... Will look even better once she's painted bright orange to match the bathtubs lol

OI, dont knock 'em 'till you've tried one :)

Those Orange bathtubs have done us proud and provided countless affordable holidays for tens of thousands of people, show them a little respect :norty::norty:

I hope the new additions to the fleet provide as many happy holidays as they have. ;)

Hi Clive.

It's good to see boat building still present in norfolk.

Now call me picky but ..... from that last photo I suspect your clients might get a bit wet below decks!!!

Looking good tho ....... :clap

Hi Clive.

It's good to see boat building still present in norfolk.

Now call me picky but ..... from that last photo I suspect your clients might get a bit wet below decks!!!

Looking good tho ....... :clap

Crikey! we will have to find a bottom to put on it :?

I also notice there is no propellor, perhaps that is an 'extra' ;)

see now i do love the syle of the RC45 but i have one problem ..

i don't like the windows in the forward cabin if its going to be the master cabin i prefer windows that i can see out of like on the the alpha 32 or 35 center sliding cockpit.... or san elena aquafibre 44 if i want to chill out read a book or relax while on the move i can look out of the window in the forward cabin.... unlike those with the tiny windows...

but saying that the RC45 is looking superb your lads have done you well Clive is Mr Richardson going to be the first to crack a bottle over the bow i think he should would make a nice EDP spread

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

Surely the master cabin is not for sitting in looking out of Jonny?! ;)

Add me to the dont bother with the monostrosity of a TV reciever thingy on it view... if they are to have them I think it is best to wait at least the first season before adding them, so as not to spoil the brochure pictures! :naughty:

Dan

But Clive please no large radome.... unless of course they are all coming with chart plotters/radar/Sat phones :River Police

Tut Tut :norty: We live in the 21st century. It's about time you "ludites" embraced modern technology else we'd be making boats out of flint!!! ;)