Richardsons RC45 and RC35

saw her yest morn bill in the shed lotx going on, dosnt look that far off now, looks very smart indeed, she gonna be a big hit iv no doubt on that, the guys mentioned some of the stuff their fitting on the boat very impressed indeed, also saw the newly re fitted viscount in the basin looked very smart as well clearly spent a lot of money on the one as well clive, would of booked viscount for sept but no 240 volt for her indoors hair dryer etc,sham

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
saw her yest morn bill in the shed lotx going on, dosnt look that far off now, looks very smart indeed, she gonna be a big hit iv no doubt on that, the guys mentioned some of the stuff their fitting on the boat very impressed indeed, also saw the newly re fitted viscount in the basin looked very smart as well clearly spent a lot of money on the one as well clive, would of booked viscount for sept but no 240 volt for her indoors hair dryer etc,sham

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. Regarding the Viscount not having 240v, don`t let that put you off?, take a look at my thread regarding "alternative 240v shore power" in the "technical questions and answers" section. Paul (from Paul and Lorna) posted a link to a 240v shore power lead which comes complete with a circuit breaker and sockets, so no need for a permanent 240v system. W44nty has one and he says they work extremely well, so i thought you might like to have a look. Regards ......... Neil.

Hi Clive, what honeycomb board did you use, as that`s the sort of thing we build the aircraft interiors with?. Did you actually mould them yourselves, or have them laminated elsewhere?.Also, how close are you to getting her finished?. Regards ......................... Neil.

Hi Neil, we are using a product similar to Nidaplast but I bought a load of it a while ago and cant remember the make :oops:

we dont make the honeycomb but do all the laminating in house.

She is due to go out in just over 3 weeks, there is still a fair bit to do but we have 17 full time employees working on her as well as sub contracring some fabrication work, and upholstery.

There is lots going on ;)

• 2 weeks later...

we have got our heads down working hard, there are loads of bits being made which will be put on the boat next week, before she is launched for testing and probably have a waterline marked before coming out again to paint it.

the canopy needs to be fitted out but all the other windows are now fitted and she is looking really good (in my opinion ;) )

I will try and get a video of the launch and a walk through but I should think the upholstry will not go on until the last minute.

The windows are mainly fixed but there are hopper windows in all the bedrooms as well as the hatch in the forward cabin, the hopper frames are aluminium but are made and installed in a new way,.

Hi All

This is my first post ever! However, I've been following this thread for some time as I am a bit of a "boat anorak" (as my family calls me!), though not to Dan's standard ;) . Added to that is my interest in Richos as we only ever hired from them after our first disaster of a holiday with another yard. Plus the fact that the other forums have no detailed info on the new builds, or direct input from the yard itself - something that I think this forum should be very proud of! I also agree with Rods comment some time back that this whole documented story of the complete boat build is fascinating and one of the best threads ever, anywhere.

There's been lots of detailed info and many questions, but I'd like to ask when Broadsman2 will be ready? I didn't realise that there were 2 of them 'till I looked at our booking invoice for later this summer! We are bringing family newly introduced to The Broads and there's much excitement about being on a new boat.

Hope to hear some good news. Thanks to Dan for his links to this thread in the first place.

Karen

Hi All

.... I didn't realise that there were 2 of them 'till I looked at our booking invoice for later this summer! We are bringing family newly introduced to The Broads and there's much excitement about being on a new boat.

Hope to hear some good news. Thanks to Dan for his links to this thread in the first place.

Karen

Hi Karen

Good to see you, welcome... but yeah, you keep your hands off that anorak :grin:

I think Broadsman 2 will be ready for October, and bookings taken for before that will be transferred to a 1960's Elysian 27 that will be comissioned back into service to keep customers happy. Am I right Clive? :naughty:

I am over soon so hope to have a good snouting

Dan

I'd like to ask when Broadsman2 will be ready?

Hi Karen, welcome aboard.

There is a photo of Broadsman 2 on Page 59 of this thread, (taken early in April).

I hope she is a bit further along by now, as it is of the hull being finished off in the mould....

My gut feel is that Clive will already have anyone who can't get on no 1 (or who have finished there bit on 1)

working on her, but things should go a bit faster for no 2, as they will have learnt things from first one.

I wonder if you will be the first forum member (other than Clive, who is just a little biased) to do a review of the new class?

I seriously doubt it though, I reckon that Dan will make sure that he gets a guided tour of Broadsman 1 as soon as she hits the water

(if he cant get on her earlier)... :lol:

Dan, you nearly gve me a heart attack - a 1960s Elysian as a replacement! I almost fell for it, hook, line & sinker :naughty:

I feel better knowing that work has started on number 2 but am worried that if she is due to be finished around the time we have her booked, and there are any delays, we may be b*****ed! I feel sooo responsible for the other family members. If we had realised when we booked ( ages ago) that there were 2 being built, we'd have gone for the safe option and booked number 1...

I will try not to get my knickers in a twist about this, but it's a special skill of mine that I can't always avoid :oops:

Thanks for all the replies so far and the warm welcome. I am known to a few of you ( for all sorts of reasons !) so feel free to say Hi or berate me ;) I am still finding my way around the site but have seen quite a few familiar names and faces so far.

I reckon that Dan will most certainly get the first full look on board and I don't begrudge him that at all - as long as he reports back asap!

Look forward to more info/updates from Clive Richardson, and can't wait to see Broadsman out on the water.

cheers all, Karen

...I feel better knowing that work has started on number 2 but am worried that if she is due to be finished around the time we have her booked, and there are any delays, we may be b*****ed! I feel sooo responsible for the other family members. If we had realised when we booked ( ages ago) that there were 2 being built, we'd have gone for the safe option and booked number 1...

I will try not to get my knickers in a twist about this, but it's a special skill of mine that I can't always avoid :oops: ....

Dont worry Karen, I think the boat they are building first is Broadsman 2, so the one they are just finishing is the one you are booked on.... unless of course they are cleaning down an abandoned Elysian as we type! ;)

I have heard rumour you might even like the toilets on them..... I am hoping to have a good look onboard (again) soon, but you will definately beat me to the holiday tale report.

Roll on lots of boating holidays cheersbar

Dan

Dan

You are correct the current Broadsman is Broadsman 2 and Broadsman 1 will be sometime in October. Broadsman 2 is a Saturday hire boat and Broadsman 1 will be Friday or Monday start, I think this is correct Clive ?

Regards

Ah, I see what is meant by number 2 coming before number 1! Thanks for the explanations.

But, that last post has thrown a spanner in the works again ( my head that is) because we have Broadsman 2 but we start on a Friday! well before October.

Knickers beginning to twist again...

Karen

Ooh sorry Dan - laughed at your comment re the toilets! Clearly my dismay at the "open to view" holding tank has not been forgotten ;)

Hello All,

and welcome Karen, sorry I have missed a few posts here and left you all to speculate :naughty::naughty:

firstly the first Broadsman (which is number 2) should be out on her first hire next friday she is number 2 as she will be Fri/Mon boat and the second will be a Saturday boat which are normally number 1s this may not make a lot of sense but was a good idea at the time :?

some builders would make boat 2 first so they could iron out any problems and send number 1 to the boat show, this is not the case with Broadsman..

the Saturday Broadsman is due out on the 6th August, she is moulded (apart from a few small components) and should be put together next week for building to start virtually straight away.

we only plan to build 2 Broadsmen to start with, we hope to have a set of flybridge 36' mouldings to start building after that for Acle and will also be altering the RC45 plug into the fwd drive version. these will be on hire for next year with another RC45 with a different aft layout and possibly a sedan version on the 36' flybridge. you will have to wait for the rest as and when we get round to it :)

of course as with most things I do it could change as we have other designs waiting and also may squeeze te odd private build in if we decide to go down that market ;);)

Dont worry Karen, I think the boat they are building first is Broadsman 2, so the one they are just finishing is the one you are booked on.... unless of course they are cleaning down an abandoned Elysian as we type! ;)

I have heard rumour you might even like the toilets on them..... I am hoping to have a good look onboard (again) soon, but you will definately beat me to the holiday tale report.

Roll on lots of boating holidays cheersbar

Dan

:wave hi dan seeing you talking about toilets made me chuckle, when we were last on sallyB in may there was a sticker in the toilet which said, ANYTHING THAT'S PUT IN THIS TOILET MUST BE CHEWED FIRST, YUCK what a thought. :shock::lol::lol::lol: lori

Thank you so much for your reply Clive, and with all the info to settle my concerns. We are out on Broadsman from 2nd Sept and really cant wait. 45 feet compared to our own 23 footer is a welcome change and we are taking family on their second holiday ( had Harmony last year). It means Mike is captain and I'm first mate but we are happy to show of our favourite place and they sure got the bug last year :)

You've put some great info on this thread and its a fabulous way to reach the parts that other yards just don't reach! cheersbar

Thanks again, Karen

It means Mike is captain and I'm first mate but we are happy to show of our favourite place and they sure got the bug last year :)

Thanks again, Karen

When you have finished showing it off Karen......Be sure to lift the pedal with your foot to close it :lol::lol::lol: