Richardsons RC45 and RC35

To look at the video follow Clive's link, and click on the "wall" icon (bottom left) you will then see a window where you can play the video.

There are some stills on Richardson's facebook page as well.

Nice to see that the name is showing as quite small (you can see it in the photo of the three Richardsons sitting on Broadsman),

she wouldn't look right if it was the size of the name on Barbados.

Clive is the engine brand new or have you already run it in on another boat?

The first customers turn up tomorrow don't they? Talk about cutting it fine!

I bet they get a very detailed handover trial (it will probably have to double as the shakedown cruise)

I bet they get very strict instructions about not over-reving the engine,

and if told that if they think any thing is even slightly wrong then contact the yard...

I reckon some folks at Richrdsons will be ready to drop everything and go if Broadsman rings,

(that is if they don't have a team following her on another boat, just in case)...

(I once took a sailing yacht out on her first hire, but she had been sailed up from Corfu to the base in Croatia,

so had already had some of those "first trip niggles" teething troubles fixed.

That didn't stop the morse control cable stretching after the first week, so that when we started the engine to go into harbour we found that we couldn't engage astern (No brakes!)...

Easily fixed once the engineer got onboard and adjusted it!

Martin

Ermm I think i'm being thick but I couldn't see a movie at the address given ...... Probably me cos i'm not a great fan of facebook.

Well it was there on the Wall, cos I watched it from there and now it seems to have gone....

Martin

Well it was there on the Wall, cos I watched it from there and now it seems to have gone....

Martin

Thanks Martin, I would never have thought to follow that link, and it was there.

Clive ..... launching a new boat is always a great thrill, hope you treated the lads to plenty of booze with which to celebrate. cheers

Martin

It was there again a minute ago and now seems to have disappeared again,

perhaps smelly isn't the only one who gets lost on facebook.

It is also available on youTube

which might be easier

(and more stable)

Martin

Hi, I had a few issues dealing with facebook the other night and seemed to delete more than I added but now most of it seems to have appeared again :?

anyway, as Martin has shown, there is a youtube link...

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I think she looks absolutely stunning, especially as she`s in plain white. However, i doubt whether we`d ever need a 6 berth boat, so please please please, get the 36ft version up and running as quick as possible. Have you any idea when you`ll be starting the 36footer Clive.

Dan, Yes the videos are good, but i wonder if your photo`s might be appearing in the Hoseasons brochure next year?. Seriously though Dan, you`ve taken some good photo`s there :clap:clap:clap . Regards to all ............ Neil.

hi clive, fantastic really smart, must of been a big weight of your mind when she sailed out the yard yesterday you can get some sleep at night now :grin: i think you were right about the blue hull she looks really smart all in white with them window. have you insolated the stern seat to protect it from the heat of the engine.

Yes it was a relief when we finally handed her over as that meant she was finished! i did not get any time for interior photos as the whole boat was full of people up until the handover all being very busy!

Everybody worked really hard for weeks leading upto yeaterday and have produced a fantastic boat with a superb finish which is a real credit to the whole team involved :clap:clap

just watching the video of the launch again clive, is broadsman the longest boat big foot has liffted ? what a fantastic bit of kit that this, did you have it built or did you build it yourself ? the hydraulic workings reminds me of an old 6 leg ( 6 wheel ) foden skip lorry my dad used on a contract for fords at dagenham, scraping damage body pannels from the plant.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Andy, i would imagine the biggest boat (lengthwise) bigfoot has lifted is Miss Sheridan, because she was, or may still be, out of the water, and she was 50ft long.

I think she had a Challenger on her one time, which is similar proportions, but it did look pretty tight!

Great bit of kit isn't it, it's quite good fun if you're there when they are emptying/changing the shed in the winter and impressive to see how quickly they can get them in & out

Dan

hi, dan do you mean challenger is about the same size as miss sheridan ?...

Hi andy

No, that the Challengers are a similar length/width to the RC45.

I rather like the Challenger's, though they are a bit big for us as well. I am hoping that Clive may do a special offer for next year in low season for two people on a twelve berth! :grin:

Dan

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Andy, there ARE some video shots of bigfoot lifting out some of the biggere boats on you tube. I don`t know how to upload them otherwise i would have done.

Dan, regarding special discount rates for 2 on 12 berth boats?, i`m sure Clive would make special arrangements, but only for you, being their no1 fan ;);) .

Regards to all ............... Neil.

cheers Perry,

I did kind of tail off a bit during the build mainly because we were building and putting units in storage, as well as making it up as we went along due to not having anything to copy. there was also quite a bit of pattern making and mould making going on until 2 weeks before she was due to be complete so she really only came together in the final 10 days or so.

I will try and finish the thread off with a few photos when she is back in on Friday.

I have a few ideas about another thread but we will have to see what I do first ;)