Richardsons RC45 and RC35

Jimbo - regards from Mike and when are you next having a beer or two? ;) Do you come up on the Northerns regularly or just on a main hol? Not seen Inca about but we have not been South for over a year.

Dan - wow, if I get a hol on board a new Richos boat before you then I most certainly will have to promise to report back on here. Especially about the toilet experience and level of satisfaction (with facilities, that is! lol) Bet you beat me to the photos of her all done and dusted though. Actually, can't quite get my head around referring, as one should (! being posh here) to a "she" called BroadsMAN. Is it just me?

Karen

Actually, can't quite get my head around referring, as one should (! being posh here) to a "she" called BroadsMAN. Is it just me?

Karen

:?:?

Actually Karen the name has nothing to do with it or wouldn't the Royal Navy call all their Duke class frigates, like HMS Iron Duke, "he's" or "it's"

and how many boats do you sea with "San" names, like "San Raphael", rather than the feminine "Santa Maria".

Wasn't the origin of the tradition more to do with the fact that both boats and women need to be treated gently, can be un-predictable, and love to have money spent on them.

These days I think it is more that there are two main things in a man's life that cost a fortune to maintain, and most men refer to them both as "she".

Those with two women in their lives, are usually knackered and broke,

those with a boat are usually broke, and if they have a boat and woman are normally nagged and broke.

duck! :norty::norty:

You are right - on all counts! No need to duck :)

It's just my head that finds the word "man" in a bit of a conflict with me also saying "she" at the same time! Somehow, "San..." or "Duke..." doesn't seem as bad. Its clearly my wiring...

BTW - My other half says the boat is cheaper to maintain and easier to handle than the other lady in his life (thats me, hopefully ;) )

Karen

As there have not been too many photos lately, here are a couple.

the engine and gas locker lid are ready to be fitted and we have another canopy which is just about finished ready to go on.

she should be going in the water on Monday so we can do some testing ballasting and then out again to paint in the waterline.

there are still a few other bits and bobs to get right but she is looking good for her first hire on Friday.

post-503-136713819102_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713819377_thumb.jpg

Wow! That looks rather splendiferous Clive.

Must be brilliant for you & everyone involved to see it coming together and looking so good.

Looks quite distinctive as well, with lots of its own style & differences to the other recent sliding canopy models to set it apart & be differentiated & recognised at a distance.

The forward cabin grab rails look to raise up? Is this to make them a better height as you walk along or just how the picture has been taken?

Dan

cheers Dan,

I think we all know we are working on a pretty special boat, I hope she works as well as we think she looks.

See you tomorrow and you can answer the rest of your qusetions.!

She is looking good, and the finished product should look even better!

The satelite tv dome on the front is certainly not as obtrusive as on some other yard's creations...

I do wonder though, where the bow mooring lines will go when she is under way, the foredeck seems a little on the small side.

(Or does Clive expect all his hirers to "tidy ship" by flat coiling the bow and mudweight lines :o )

(It took me a while to sort out what the dome was though, her entry on the Hoseason's web-site sells her a bit short on the "bling" stakes,

no mention of satelite TV (although it does list TV twice...) or of the bow and stern thrusters.) Clive's site's entry has better detail.

Clive, Can you get Hoseason's to modify her entry on their site once you have real photos etc? (and don't forget to update yours as well)

Remember to get the photo-shoot done next week or get someone to follow the first hirers around snapping pictures.

Hoseason's do allow you to check availability for a month at a time, which is easier than on Clives own site, and there is apparently plenty of availability in August if Dan wants to get in there! (assuming that the second boat is ready on time..)

Looking forward to seeing her for real, perhaps someone will turn up with her at the Southern Meet....

hi clive, have to agree with dans comments she looks fantastic, love the windows in the stern of the boat and the rear seat (great idea) the tv dome dosnt look out of place un like some iv seen. will you be using the same kind of fenders on her as you have on your other recent builds. i wonder how many calls your get in the comming weeks from yards trying to get you to sell them one ( if you havnt had them allready) best of luck with her clive. id just like to say thanks clive for taking the time and effort in sharing this thread with us all iv seen some of the times of the day you have posted things but please keep it comming with the progress of the single level boat, thats if you can find time.

andy

Hi, we will be using the navy blue fenders which we have moved to, and I dont think we will need the dome on any more boats but we will see.

there have been a couple of cancellations due to the unforseen but I am sure they will book as she is priced low. (book now for next year at this years prices :naughty: ) also we have not advertised her 'finer' points as we would rather people were pleasantly suprised rather than disappointed due to bits being left off during construction.

I have advertised that I would not sell mouldings for at least 3 years so i suspect the other yards will keep with the Alphas or whatever elce is about. I should think they would tell me where to go now if I changed my mind :)

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Are you going to have a proper launching ceremony, and break a bottle ove her bow Clive?. Also, will you, or someone you have delegated (mr Horner?) be filming it to post up on here?. Regards ............... Neil.

Clive, I've just compared the photos from the other day with the original drawings and am very concerned about the significant difference... what happened to the blue hull ?

Good luck for tomorrow! cheers

Hi,,

Blue hull = bad idea for hire boat!

the scratches will show lighter and would start to look bad within a very short space of time,

Made a nice drawing though! :):dance

Also good to see that there isnt room on top for half of wyvale garden centre as I've seen enough garden furniture floating around Breydon! lol

Seriously, looks a really good piece of kit and I'm looking forward to seeing it out and about. This has been a fascinating thread and given a huge insight into not just boat-building, but also the overcoming problems as they occur procedure! Thank you for keeping us in the loop!

. This has been a fascinating thread and given a huge insight into not just boat-building, but also the overcoming problems as they occur procedure!

Beleive me, I have not mentioned half the problems or how we have dealt with them as this thread would have been at least twice as long!