Richardsons RC45 and RC35

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I think the drawings make it look a bit like a Horizon 42, whereas if it had a raked back wrap around screen, it would look better, but that`s only my opinion. Take a look at the new Funnell boats, and you may see what i mean. The other difference i would make from the funnell boats is to make the side windows blend in with the front windows. As for the wrap around settee where the cockpit is, i mean like in some of the Alpha 42 droop snoot type of thing. Also, is it only going to be 45ft or do you intend doing a 36 in this one too Clive?.

we wanted a peak on it (smaller than the one in the picture) raked screens loose space and need a windscreen wiper :naughty: , also we dont wnt to do exactly the same as others have done for various reasons.

we should be cutting it down to 36 feet but dont know when...... cheersbar

Back to the topic in Hand :naughty:

Here is a bit of progress on the engine hatch and half of the galley worktop.

the worktop is nearly ready for taking a mould this is only part of it as the cooker divides it, we have intergrated the drainer and also the splash backs so as not to have too many silicone joints The flanges are not going to be as big as this is just for moulding, you can also see the 'fiddle' along the front edge to keep your feet dry :) .

You can see the shape of the engine cover but this still needs a bit more time spending on it as there are plenty of curves and shape to it.

post-503-136713805904_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713806171_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, how`s progress on Broadsman?. Are you going to make the deadline, or is it looking tight?. Also, have you gt any up to date pictures of the (nearly) finished product?. Regards .................... Neil.

Hi Neil,

We are still progressing but with these bank holidays it has not come together as quickly as we needed it to, we moved the first booking as it was looking like the canopy would not be ready in time but we reckon she will start to come together quite quickly now.

I will get you some photos next week.

cheers, Clive

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Thanks Clive, i really do hope we see her in June, as i think she looks so good in the photo`s you`ve posted up so far. Regards ........... Neil.

Hi,

Here are a few more progress shots, there are some pannels which have been upholstered but kept safe and some worktops etc which are waiting to be fitted, upholstry is ready to be sent away and just about everything is here waiting to be fitted including the glass which arrived today, some of the opening windows are waiting to be finished off as are the screens.

post-503-136713809675_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713809699_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713809723_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713809997_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713810026_thumb.jpg

The first gel went on the canopy earlier, it should have a second by the end of the day, this canopy mould is made up of 6 separate parts, (plus a peak , rear screens and liners) it has produced just about as much head scratching and puzzled expressions as the rest of the boat.

I am glad to see it now being produced...

post-503-136713810049_thumb.jpg

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

That`s really looking something. Just looking at the photo`s showing the inside of the mouldings conjours up the smell of a freshly layed up mould. There`s a lot of detail in something quite simple like the way you`ve done the headlining. I know it`s more suitable to do the cockpit in GRP, but i would prefer to see wood laminates and soft lining around the fwd cabin, whereas it looks like you`ve used a GRP moulding. Would you consider doing later boats with soft lining and laminates, as i think with internal GRP mouldings there`s a greater chance of condensation?. Apart from that she`s looking better by the day.

Hi Neil,

there wont be much fiberglass showing as the flooring, headlining, side liners, pelmets and curtains, floor, matress headboard etc. but it is easier to clean. Also there will be plenty of wood in there so no need to panic!

she is coming along well now, I will get some more photos next week.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Without going through all the back pages of this thread, i seem to remember you saying it was due out on first hire late this month (May), do you think you`ll be able to meet the deadline, as well as finishing the fit-out, i would imagine you`ll have to take her out on test first, do you need a hand in doing that laborious task Clive :naughty::naughty::naughty::lol::lol: .

Do you laminate any Balsa or something similar into the canopy layup Clive?

Hi Jimbo,

Yes, we will put balsa in the roof of the canopy, normally balsa or a similar material is put into the horizontal surfaces. We use plywood on fixing points like bollards etc to spread the weight, and have used a plastic honeycomb in the floor mouldings so there is no wood in the bilges to rot/ sweat or smell in years to come.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, what honeycomb board did you use, as that`s the sort of thing we build the aircraft interiors with?. Did you actually mould them yourselves, or have them laminated elsewhere?.Also, how close are you to getting her finished?. Regards ......................... Neil.