Tide Help Please

Maxwellian

On Monday 1st August we will be traveling by stinky aka Swallow from near Brundall towards Beccles. By my estimation I should leave Brundall around 12:00 to make the most of the tide to Reedham but the turn of tide to travel up toward Beccles is not until 18:00. Any help on timings to make the most of the tides and still get to the 24 hrs moorings a mile or so before Beccles please.

4 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Dammit, why not the morning too?

When I was younger, there were several pubs in Ayr down at the harbour were allowed to open at 6am for the fishermen coming in with their catch. Right up your street maybe MM?

cheersIain

4 minutes ago, LeoMagill said:

If you are going to cry off and expect the rest of us to take up the slack on your behalf I trust you will be popping into the ship to leave a donation behind the bar so we can do your bit for you.....

Oh go on.....cheersbar

Love it. Thought about it for a couple of milliseconds and the answer was no. Nice try but no. I do. Hope you have a great time though. cheers:Stinky

This might assist.

Eric I think you may have used the Norfolk-Broads.org Tide table  to get the Sun set at  19:45 ?

Confusingly this has tide times in BST.... but the  Sun rise/set is shown in GMT, meaning that Sunset is not  until 20:45 for the   purposes we are talking here as we are on BST until  later in Autumn. So Max,  leave a little before the 18:00 you mention and  when you should be  on slackish tide anyway & you then  have three hours until sunset to get there  and with the tide pushing you most of the way. Your next worry of course is if you can  get onto the 24 hour moorings at dusk. You could of course reserve at the yacht Station, but would also need to leave Reedham  a little earlier then as around 3 hours, 30 mins     

• Like 3

Thank you Mark. Availability at the two moorings on the right before Beccles is sometimes scarce as they are peaceful. Perhaps some one could get a deck chair and a few towels down to reserve me a space. :)

i will leave it as late as comfortable.

• Like 2

On 05/07/2016 at 8:07 PM, BroadScot said:

When I was younger, there were several pubs in Ayr down at the harbour were allowed to open at 6am for the fishermen coming in with their catch. Right up your street maybe MM?

cheersIain

We used to often fly into Prestwick in the 80's and 90's and when Ayr was full HeavyLift would send us to Largs for rest.

We used to go into Macaulays for breakfast at 6am sharp and I was most surprised to see a very old wee man drinking nips & halves of heavy at that time.

I asked the barman about him and was told:

"He's Tommy, the Bard of Ayrshire"

"Oh, he writes poetry does he?" I asked.........

"No, he's been barred from every other bar in Ayrshire..................     :shocked   :facepalm:

• Like 2