Marine Insurance

addicted

Hello Carole.

We have been with this broker for a number of years.

This years premium was £539.78.

Morgan Marine Insurance services

2 Selwood Road

Brentwood

Essex

CM14 4PX

Lisa Noble

Director

Tel : +44 (0) 1277 224440
Fax : +44 (0) 1277 224490
Email :
info@morganmarineinsurance.com
Web : www.morganmarineinsurance.com

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ZimbiIV said:

Hello Carole,

We have always used 

Haven Knox Johnson, they are a disgrace, if you phone them a very pleasant sounding lady answers speaking english and nothing seems to be a trouble, it's an idea that will never catch on though.

paul

Hi Paul,

That does sound disgraceful must agree. Actually we used them for about 25 years then they got too expensive particularly after we acquired a more valuable boat. My husband does like to shop around as the prices can vary immensely.  He had 2 quotes today that varied by a difference of £300.00 for exactly the same cover. So clearly lt does pay to shop around.

Carole

Navigators and General for us.  We have been with them since we relaunched 'B.A' in 2007.  Never had to make a claim and hope we never have to either.  Their rates seem fair enough with us, we have built up a decent NCB with them which helps.  Back in 2012 we asked for an upgrade to include coastal waters for the trip down to the Thames and back, they kindly upgraded the policy for free.  Since then we have every year been given 30 days coastal cruising for no extra premium (We do have to notify them prior to passing down river of Haven Bridge or through Mutford Lock)

There is always a polite English speaking gentlemen who is very helpful whenever we have conversed on the phone

Of course no matter what your boat or how cheap the premium, any insurance company is only as good as their claims department and how they handle any claims

Griff

• Like 5

As Griff said 

Of course no matter what your boat or how cheap the premium, any insurance company is only as good as their claims department and how they handle any claims

How many of us have not been able to get help from there lnsurance company.    Is it the more £ you spend the better the service you get ? . An till you claim you don't know. 

Haven Knox give you the 30 days coastal cruising as well. I would say for free but I know I'm paying for it somewhere. 

I was told I needed to let them know when I went to sea. Did it the first time and they said no need to tell them!!! Not sure how they know how many days I have done? Maybe they check your log (oops). 

You don't need to tell any insurer if you declare your cruising grounds openly, I've got the broom insured for all coastal waters of the British isles upto territorial waters and it's no more expensive than Orca's on the broads.. I couldn't be asked to tell them each time we went out.. I guess some insurers won't allow a Hampton 24 to be covered but if you have a boat designed for use at sea then just declare it as doing so.

• Like 2