It Pays To Complain

addicted

Since the early 1980's  I have used the same dishwasher detergent, Eschewing the new kids on the block sticking to my tried and tested. Recently I found |I  was unable to get it and after a few weeks was only able to get  "Gel" as opposed o the liquid I had always used. So in desperation having run out I bought some. "why are all the cups still stained"? asked my husband, "Why indeed" I wondered , This state of affairs continued so I phoned the customer relations dept. of the manufacturer. "is this product in addition to or in place of " I enquired.  " In place of" was the reply. The EU strikes again!   Apparently there were ingredients in the previous product that were considered not to be eco friendly so it ad to be discontinued in it's previous form. .All this interference with the efficiency of products leaving us with products no longer fit purpose is making me downright eco hostile. I told the company  that the new product was not up to standard and not fit for purpose and pointed that it was expensive and I would have to throw it away and buy something else. She was very apologetic but there was no alternative as the EU rules had to be obeyed. This was 3 weeks ago and in todays post  I received vouchers for dishwasher products to the value of £15.00.  Not bad! the downside is that I am still not able to use my preferred product any longer.

Carole

• Like 2

Alan if theres a B&M store nearby they do Finish Powerball Tablets in boxes of 10 for 99p a box, they have been selling them at that price for over 3 years!

We normally use B&M for all cleaning products, washing powder/softner even crisps, cereals, coffee toletries etc.  Its the same brands as the supermarkets sell only cheaper!

2 hours ago, brandenjg said:

Were the £15 vouchers solely for use on the product you'd made the complaint against? If so it's a bit of a cheeky gesture offering you more of the product you don't want :P

Branden

No they can used for a wide range of products made by the company some of which I'll be happy   to   use

Carole

• Like 1

I worked out a long time ago that dishwashers, although cheaper than marriage, are expensive. To be honest all cleaning products are expensive. I calculated the time it would take me to wash up, hoover up, do the washing and all of the other household chores. I then multiplied the result by how much an hour of my time costs. I then considered the result of my mathematics for a whole twenty seconds before...hiring a House Elf! George(ina) works wonders and what is more she quickly got the hang of my coffee machine. Not only is the cleaning done, pots washed, clothes washed and put away...every time I put my hand to my coffee cup its full of freshly made hot coffee.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Polly said:

I used to have a cleaner, I still want one! There was nothing nicer than coming in and the house elf had been and magic had sorted everything out, can't really justify one now.....

Thought you might appreciate the Christmas present I received from George my House Elf! Ably modelled by Dylan The Boat's Starboard Beagle.

DSC_0008.JPG

• Like 4

my wifes grandad always painted his sheds with old engine oil thinned down with parrafin. when I was building my garden decking I found a couple of beams in his garage, these had been preserved with this concoction, the wood was as good when I used it as it was when it had been painted and stored (though my hands did still get black handling it.

the decking was taken up about 5 years later and it was still good as new, and is now sitting in the garden waiting to be recycled (again)

• Like 1