George Michael

Gracie

I was never a great fan, nothing against him or his music but I was grew up with Yes, Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, ELP (also RIP Greg Lake), Queen etc so our musical paths never crossed until I heard him sing Somebody to love at the Freddy Mercury tribute concert. Then I thought Wow this guy CAN sing.

Another great loss in 2016

RIP

• Like 5

Completely shocked by this one, grew up with Wham and he was only 53.  Not one of my favourite groups but did have some great songs, all the girls loved them so us lads had to show an interest !

I used to live in Bushey, mum still does, and I went to the same school as George. My sister is the same age and was actually in the same year as both George and Andrew.  His nickname was yoghurt and they were always in some band playing at the schools Christmas party.

Bushey and my old school facebook groups are reacting to this very heavily.  St James church in the high street maybe opening tonight so candles can be lit there.

I sincerely hope 2016 has no more to give.  RIP George.

• Like 5

A massively gifted gentleman. So sad that in recent years his troubled life was all the gutter press were interested in. Not his music, his work for numerous charities and the listening pleasure he brought to millions.

• Like 3