Broads Local Plan

dnks34

Well, well well....listen to all those calls from local communities, councils and organisations for the Broads Authority to engage and be accountable to the local communities...and the way those pleas are deflected each and every single time. :norty:

• Like 1

Alright...I'm on page 68 of 168 pages of this diatribe and I've had to take a break to go and laugh like a drain at this ridiculous document and the pompous self-serving asses that created it. The reason for the laughing fit? The Norfolk County Council objections to the negative attitude of the Broads Authority in relation to the proposed dualling of the A47 Acle Straight. What really set the giggles in motion was the mention of the 'snail relocation trial'. So don't expect anything done quick! 

On the whole, I'm finding the BA agree with everything the RSPB says. The RSPB wants to change all wording to disavow any rights of the human population and all the local organisations and councils want a democratically elected Broads Authority which the Broads Authority is claiming has nothing to do with the Broads Plan and refer back to Rambling Sid Rumpo at Yare House.

• Like 5

The thing that stands out to me is the Authority are involved in such matters that I wouldnt have thought require their involvement.  

Their remit seems so far and wide that I need my Binoculars to see it all. 

I cant understand why their purpose needs be any more than a waterways maintenance board aswell as collecting river tolls.   

Its also clear they are not supported by local councils or parish councils and they are noted for not communicating with local business or landowners when discussing matters affecting them!    

Wait till you get to page 132 Timbo! 

It all appears extremely over complicated, no wonder they want nothing to do with bins! 

6 hours ago, Timbo said:

Well, well well....listen to all those calls from local communities, councils and organisations for the Broads Authority to engage and be accountable to the local communities...and the way those pleas are deflected each and every single time. :norty:

This is no more so than in regard to planning, the Authority is clearly a law unto itself. 

• Like 1

Page 132 & 133:

Firstly, What an absolutely ludicrous proposal, I had made my objection, if maybe a little bluntly, but being honest and forthright, but voicing my opinion as any objection would. I received a response from the Broads Authority stating my objection needed to be censored, I guess I was to honest and truthful for the Broads Authority. My father (personally) and fore fathers fought for freedom of speech against tyranny, yet the Broads Authority wish to sensor an individuals freedom of speech, I think that says more about the Broads Authority than any other statement I can make. I have a far better location that is prime for green space status, if that is, you are applying the same criteria as used to make the Church Close to Pits Lane Chedgrave proposal? My proposed site is: Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1RY. Yare house is a site of Wildlife, you have wildlife around your offices, birds landing on your roof space, insects in your green spaces, such a reservoir of wildlife an important habit for many Broads Local Plan – Preferred Options – RESPONSES May 2017 Page 133 of 168 many creatures. You are a hub of the community, every time I read the paper your telling the public how much your doing for local communities, so Yare House as viable as any site for Green Space status, more so in reality than the Chedgrave Proposal. People could use your grounds to have picnics and parties, organisations could hold events in your car park the usage of your space could be such a real benefit to the community. Now is someone really going to waste time and effort seeing if that is viable? I think not. Pitts lane, you claim is used by the community? Really, says who? Anyone can see its being used by hardly, the proposal alleges walkers use it for Wherryman's way, Is that the Wherryman's way that is closed? Or is there another one? The area is a reservoir for wildlife? Says whom? Where are the statistics to back this up? I myself took 2 hrs out of my day stood in the area clip board in hand waiting to experience the deluge of wildlife David Attenborough would have been proud of, It didn’t happen! Now I wasted 2 hrs of my time, perhaps the Broads Authority should waste 2 hrs of theirs, they are paid for it after all. It’s a flood plain its scrub its as much a wildlife reservoir as your office at Yare House! It has historic links? Where? My grandad is 97 lived in Loddon all his life, I asked him, he said and to quote him "nah, don’t be silly boy" so in 97 yrs its had no historic links, so who dreamt this statement up? Why does it need to be a green space? What would it achieve were already a national park with all that implies how would green space status change anything? It wouldn’t! its just a tick box exercise and further waste of time and money. From what I hear and read and speaking to people resentment in the community in the Broads Authority is growing, The Broads Authority haven't communicated with anyone just snowballed this through without any consultation, to this end I will be writing to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government and why the Broads Authority are exempt from Government guidance. The Broads Authority obviously have no concern for locals, residents, businesses or anyone, it’s a very very sorry state of affairs I for one have now lost all confidence in the Broads Authority and from what I hear there is a tidal wave of anger that I fear the authority may never recover from. BA summary: Why does it need to be a green space? What would it achieve we’re already a national park with all that implies how would green space status change

• Like 5

Somehow I don't think the Broads Authority have realised what the 'Duty to Cooperate' with regard to the Local Plan entails and that the Local Plan in its current shape and form is not fit to pass the 'Test of Soundness' set out in the National Planning Policy Framework.

I understand the need for a Local Plan, however, I echo the calls of 'no confidence' in The Broads Authority to objectively devise and implement one. They point blank refuse at every turn to treat navigation with equal weight and even human safety against the whims of the RSPB. Yes. No confidence!

• Like 1

The land nominated as greenspace in Chedgrave is owned by various partys/businesses. 

The land is stagnant marsh in places and is also used by the boatyards and other landowners in connection with their businesses. 

It appears this nomination has been a result of a neighbourly dispute, someone wishing to block future planning and potentially affecting current uses of this land. 

I was made aware of this one and Im glad its been met with the resistance it has.

I cant comprehend how privately owned land can be nominated as greenspace without the landowner being made aware, even at a consultation stage.  If someone hadnt let the cat out of the bag on this one how could any of the likely affected parties dispute what they didnt even know about.

Also page 147, a potential Hotel development site in Beccles at the Morrisons roundabout owned by a charitable trust.  It seems to me from the BA comment they may seek to block any development on this site.  Its a good distance from the river, why are they even consulted!! 

Land, it seems, can be nominated to be what the Authority wants. Personally I live a conservation area, not that I want to, right pain in the nether regions. One justification and reason for it being a conservation area is to protect the large Edwardian houses & their large gardens, however the horse bolted several years ago as gardens have become care home ancillary building sprawl and infill has taken place on other large gardens. A completely nonsensical policy & I'm sure that it is only one such example of illogical thinking. Ah, I forgot, Thorpe Island.  

Oh gawwd Peter, not Thorpe Island, I'm on holiday and just enjoyed half a bottle of Lindemans 'cheap' red.

i have waded through some of this but watching the world go by is it for the moment.

Is this not JP trying to get full NP status.

Colin, Norfolk, hot, half p***ed and devout fan of the BA.........NOT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Oh, forgot to add, I think we just had a firearms incident on Prince Of Wales Road, Norwich, which is a conservation area. Just what are they trying to conserve????

Colincheers

My gut feeling is that it is quite simply another level of control which can be wheeled out when all else fails.  

• Like 2

Mm, just to throw this a little of topic, it seems my other half is in conversation on FB about hot weather and girls in bikinis spread across boats. That was fine but now they are talking about men in mankinis.

If you don't want to take JP seriously than just imagine him in a mankini!!!!

Colin:facepalm:

• Like 1

This could fall outside of TOS if we are not careful. I'm sure someone knows how to do it.:naughty:

Colincheers

p.s. Having now consumed the entire bottle, the previous comments are not necessarily those of the management.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Mm, just to throw this a little of topic, it seems my other half is in conversation on FB about hot weather and girls in bikinis spread across boats. That was fine but now they are talking about men in mankinis.

If you don't want to take JP seriously than just imagine him in a mankini!!!!

Colin:facepalm:

It was the girls that mentioned the mankinis not me Colin , I'm beginning to regret mentioning the scantily clad girlys this morning cheersbar

Perhaps the varying totty designations and qualifications could be a stand alone thread? Galley Totty, forepeak totty, jib sheet totty and deck totty for starters. Personally I always rated heavy weather totty, well built young ladies of ample proportions who's generous attributes helped keep a boat upright when the wind was blowing hard! Force Four Totty. Force Six Totty and so on, Force Eight, phworrr!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stumpy said:

JM - back in my 'round the cans' days a mate had a girlfriend with a very impressive top hamper - not the sharpest knife in the box but very useful on the trapeze!

Weight where it's needed, most important, buff on the fore-deck so to speak.

I raced an Osprey for a season, my crew was a BIG girl and in a wet wetsuit most impressive. The quip around the club being: Hey, here comes a pair of nipples, and look who's following them!  Not sure which was the biggest handful, the Osprey in a blow or the crew! 

• Like 4